• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manga suggestions for 13-year old?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kav said:

My neighbor 13 YO is obsessed with Naruto.  a lot of teens seem to be.

Ps this is how serious teens take Naruto-I once had to break up a fist fight in 11th grade class.  One student said the marks on Naruto's face were whiskers.  The other said it was tattoos.  They had no alternative to start pummeling each other in the face after that point.

On 11/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, BMoreLauren said:

Oh, I got this.

My Hero Academia 
Sailor Moon
Inu-Yasha
Ah! My Goddess
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Fruits Basket
One Piece
Bleach
Death Note 

I LOVE Death Note, fantastic work, but that one might be a bit much for a 13 year old. (It wouldn't have been for ME - I discovered Heavy Metal Magazine when I was 14 and became a Moebius and Corben fan for life, but just sayin'...)

Some great choices on that list!

On 11/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, BMoreLauren said:

Oh, I got this.

My Hero Academia 
Sailor Moon
Inu-Yasha
Ah! My Goddess
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Fruits Basket
One Piece
Bleach
Death Note 

FYI ... two manga listed above ... Sailor Moon and Ah! My Goddess are pretty much leaning to girls who likes to read these types but some boys do like read them. Death Note is a great manga however is in dark psychological sense what I think. There is actual a live action movie made on that.

One Piece, no questions, is all time great read! Same for Naruto and also Boruto (son of Naruto). 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, Prince Namor said:

I LOVE Death Note, fantastic work, but that one might be a bit much for a 13 year old. (It wouldn't have been for ME - I discovered Heavy Metal Magazine when I was 14 and became a Moebius and Corben fan for life, but just sayin'...)

Some great choices on that list!

My parents were liberal with letting me read anything I wanted as a kid. 

So yes, I was 7 and reading Heavy Metal magazine.