• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY TAKE ON WHERE TO SELL EACH ERA
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Feel free to poke holes in this, this is just my take on where the highest prices seem to be coming for each era. This is mostly my experience as a buyer as I haven't done much selling. I have done quite a bit of research on Gocollect and GPA. One problem I know that both have is with eBay best offer sales. I sold a comic a couple years ago with the best offer option and the price listed on both Gocollect and GPA is $200 - $300 more than what I sold it for. I think they register the seller's first counter offer? The fixed price sales also seem out of whack but I am not positive about that. I ignore both.

PLATINUM AGE - I HAVE NO CLUE

GOLDEN AGE - COMICCONNECT (the percent of GA comics I win when bidding on CC seems to be the smallest)

SILVER AGE - COMICLINK (the percent of SA comics I win when bidding on CL seems to be the smallest)

BRONZE AGE - COMICLINK (the percent of BA comics I win when bidding on CL seems to be the smallest)

COPPER AGE - EBAY? It seems to me that during the pandemic eBay has been getting some strong prices across the board but especially on copper and modern. I gave up on even searching for either on eBay.

MODERN AGE - EBAY? It seems to me that during the pandemic eBay has been getting some strong prices across the board but especially on copper and modern. I gave up on even searching for either on eBay.

Final thought - It seems like eBay has been fairly consistently bringing some very strong prices for Silver & Bronze ages during this pandemic. Maybe even a little better than ComicLink? Perhaps a bit lest consistent but I have seen some high GA prices as well. For some reason, it seems like eBay has seen the highest price increases since the pandemic began.

Edited by paulbh1
Had some more thoughts to add to post

Mycomicshop works best for me. The books are listed quickly, and they pay lightning fast. No excuses about the owner being away and no one else can sign a check.

It depends on the quality of the books, as well. As much as I use MCS, I gave my heavy hitters- AF 15, TTA27, ect to Bob Storms and was very happy with the results.