• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Creative Bagging Finds
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Apologize if this type of post already exists.

I bought this today.  Simple page protector folded over, but with an electric tape twist this time. No real way to unbag without completely ripping/stretching out the tape. 

Post your creative bagging photos or stories here.

20201101_145201.jpg

Interesting tape job, I guess it was a 'risk' they were willing to take!

In the 80s I was sent an X-Men 137 in a bag labelled 'Fresh Potatoes' .

I recall it being in very nice, possibly NM condition, without a hint of soil, manure or other root vegetable contaminants.

Until a boardie corrected me, I would occasionally ship out comics in open-top mylars. Everything was secure, but I would put tape over the open end, attached to the cardboard. The boardie pointed out to me that the comic could easily shift in transit, force its way to the opening and get stuck to the tape. 

Never again.

I foolishly took a gamble on a mid grade ToS39 around 2007 or so. What arrived was more brittle than an old pulp, and when I decanted it from the manilla envelope it shipped in, it rained dark tan confetti all over my desk. Inside the envelope, swaddled in Saran Wrap, was something CGC would have invented a grade of Zero for. For the record I eventually won my not-as-listed dispute and got my money back.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, Conacon said:

Apologize if this type of post already exists.

I bought this today.  Simple page protector folded over, but with an electric tape twist this time. No real way to unbag without completely ripping/stretching out the tape. 

Post your creative bagging photos or stories here.

20201101_145201.jpg

After seeing what you did with the New Mutants 98, will you be cutting the book directly in half to slip both sides of the plastic off of it?