• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE: Desert Wind / Celestial Comics damaging and losing/stealing books
6 6

139 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, piper said:

I think you should move this thread to Comics General.

Should I just post a link to this thread, or is there a way to crosspost?

I did post the link in "Ask CGC" to try to get a rep to directly address the situation

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

This is terrible and absolutely gutted about seeing that damage.  From a facilitator no less.  Egads man!

I hope you get some form of resolution to this @Nic8612!

Judging by the official response I got from a CGC rep, I don't see that being the case. Even seems like they're going to let them keep being facilitators

3 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Judging by the official response I got from a CGC rep, I don't see that being the case. Even seems like they're going to let them keep being facilitators

Sadly, it’s about the dollars.  As long Celestial Wind keeps sending in volume, CGC can play the hear no evil/see no evil game.

Just now, mattn792 said:

Sadly, it’s about the dollars.  As long Celestial Wind keeps sending in volume, CGC can play the hear no evil/see no evil game.

Their tune might change if they start getting named in police reports for aiding and abetting

Yah in some cases it might be worth making complaints with Nevada government or law enforcement agencies.  

And if dissatisfied with Cgc response, attempt to escalate.  They may not be able to help in a specific case, but enough complaints might make a change eventually

Edited by revat

14 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Update:

Unfortunately, Desert Winds apparently has pulled a disappearing act. They've deleted their email addresses (any messages I send them come back as undeliverable) and their phone numbers have been turned off. I obviously don't see myself recouping anything from them and I HIGHLY advise everyone to spread the word and avoid these people like the plague that they are

ugh, not good

14 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Update:

Unfortunately, Desert Winds apparently has pulled a disappearing act. They've deleted their email addresses (any messages I send them come back as undeliverable) and their phone numbers have been turned off. I obviously don't see myself recouping anything from them and I HIGHLY advise everyone to spread the word and avoid these people like the plague that they are

And here, I bet @Buzzetta thought he wouldn't have to worry about writing up a Probation/HoS nomination for a while.  It might be time to warm up those finger tips.  :P

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I had this window open from last night as I am zoom zoom zooming the day away and heard the alert. 

CGC has traditionally been protective of Desert Wind. 

However, that is irrelevant as people talk on the side and see things for themselves.  I have seen enough to know never to send anything to them.  I have advised friends off the boards never to send anything to them under any circumstances... and I know from witnessing the experiences of several board members never to send anything to them. 

Well, let's get them on the list then. This whole situation is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I do not determine whether something is HOS or PL.

Someone says, "Do a write up" and I do the research and the write up.  

Something like Desert Wind ... that might take more research than usual as it is not a single event but a culmination of a few instances dating back several years.    

If people want to start PMing me public anecdotes that they are aware of that would speed things up.  

Then I have everything put together and once it is determined what course of action the forum wants to take, then it is ready to go with one course or the other. 

I have a 2pm meeting to get ready for... then another at 2:20 and then a few after that.  Lovely day.  It's a lovely day. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

CGC has traditionally been protective of Desert Wind. 

Yeah, I get this sense too given the amount of volume that flows through Desert Wind/Celestial Comics.  While I don't expect CGC to intervene, in your experience, does that same protection extend to the Probation/HoS List?  Or have CGC board mods deleted similar posts in the past?

8 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Anyone can nominate another boardie to be added to the list.  I would recommend reading the nomination rules in the respective Board section and then writing up a fool proof post/argument stating your case.  I jokingly brought up Buzzetta because they have kindly written the last two, but should in no way be expected to write up everyone's nomination posts.