• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Window Bags - NOW AVAILABLE!
4 4

58 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but these don’t really give the creator clear direction as to where a sig might be most desirable.  

Yeah, it's a "great idea" if you don't care where the sig ends up.

Otherwise, not so much.

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, it's a "great idea" if you don't care where the sig ends up.

Otherwise, not so much.

How are these different from the blue signature bags already available?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Avi said:

How are these different from the blue signature bags already available?

These are top loaded and there is no adhesive on these anywhere. The window also has a scooped bottom which helps protect the comic when inserting it into the bag.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, AshleyHabedank said:

These are top loaded and there is no adhesive on these anywhere. The window also has a scooped bottom which helps protect the comic when inserting it into the bag.

This is the first year of not only getting my old comics slabbed but also doing these signature signing things.  Initially I was making my own window bags but I found that I was handling my comics more than I wanted when making the desired window bags.  I then discovered those premade blue window bags, which was definitely a stepup but I found that you still have to be pretty careful when slipping both the board and the comic through the side of the bag.  Now seeing that you can have a premade window bag with putting board and comings from the top again peaks my interest..... but it will be awhile before I send any more comics down for signatures. ;) 

Edited by Etreiw

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No.

Boards are not provided but you should always use a board with a window bag. CGC does not return any materials sent in by the customer. Good question!

I love the concept...I just think the signature windows for the bags are a bit on the small side which limits the creators options.  Even the examples they used in the video shows signatures that are outside of that signing window.  To achieve that, the artist would have to remove the book from the bag which defeats their purpose.

Now bags that had perforated knockouts for the top middle and bottom that would give the customer a bit more control would be more ideal.  I know there are additional costs for that but just a thought.