• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certificate of Authenticity Neal Adams

44 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Blastaar said:

What are thoughts on tracing the actual character you are creating? I get the photo refs of randos or celebrities to create poses or postures. What about when it’s tracing the character one for one of the character you are creating like below? I don’t have an issue with it as I can still see his style come through. 

27B2CC1B-9ED0-4250-ADDC-ADA79E408D03.jpeg.479ec30f11f200d85f24a2b772d93698.jpeg

535E2397-465D-4E62-A7DE-3194592C7D8A.jpeg.9bcc018ea6cc24e920acc337f1ba6ccd.jpeg

84C7E6BD-B9F7-43BB-AAB1-4BF0928441FE.thumb.jpeg.fd1e8a9d423afba2d5ca08f5814a1120.jpeg

I'm not a fan of tracing. I know multiple artists do it, but it's just one of those practices that drops respect points in my eyes. An artist that traces his own work? It's a step above tracing a photo, but not as valued to me as someone who does it all freehand.

This has been a very enlightening thread for this rookie Adams collector. Thank you all for that. It clearly breaks down how he can produce what he does at the rate he does, which I still consider a bargain all things considered. I picked this up  for $250 from a seller over Thanksgiving, and it makes total sense reading through this how it was priced like it was. 

20201128_153246.jpg

Edited by Legion of Goom

I've picked up a few of these $200 head pieces. 

In communicating with Jason Adams he has said there's quite a few characters his dad can draw in his sleep and you wouldn't know it.

He's also happy to do pieces that are more 'unique'. I've asked for some of the old stand bys and some unique pieces.

I speak from experience when I say that the unique pieces require quite a bit of communication and verification to make sure you end up with exactly what you want. The Adams Inc. venture is very customer satisfaction oriented from my experience.

I noticed some of them showing up in his feed and some seem to have inspired him to rework them as larger pieces. And in some instances they seem to have made other collectors aware they wanted pieces in that vein.

I'll let anyone interested know once they arrive in the 'New In My Collection' thread once they arrive.

Not sure if you guys could help me out....Has anyone bought any oriignal art from the Neal Adams Store within the last year or so? I bought a piece of art but never received a paper COA. If you did reoieve one with your art could you let me know what it looks like?