• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone collect Chick Tracts OA?

9 posts in this topic

One thing I've wondered about is whether or not the original art for those Chick Tracts is something people collect- would there even be a market for that? Part of me thinks they could be highly sought after, and part of me thinks they would be worth very little. Anyone ever heard anything?

11ct1.png

11ct2.gif

11ct3.gif

I have a sincere soft spot for kitsch and several years ago I spent some time digging around, trying to figure out if any of the O/A from these tracts was available.  As far as I can tell, it's all locked away at best or has been lost to time at worst.

Like vodou, I'd definitely be willing to pony up for nice examples.

I'm sure everyone who is chiming in on this thread is well aware of this already, but if any lurkers who take a peek are not, Daniel Raeburn wrote a great long-form essay on Chick tracks a couple of decades ago in the Imp #2.  It can be downloaded for free at https://danielraeburn.com/jack-chick.html