• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp AdventureCon with Peter David Nov 7, Mt Laurel,NJ
1 1

1 post in this topic

This Saturday November 7, 2020 is the return of the annual Pulp Adventure Con hosted by Bold Venture Press based out of Florida. The show used to be held in Bordentown but now has a new location with a bigger and better banquet room for the event. About 40 tables with 19 dealers and 2 very special guests. All that for only $5 per person. Doors open at 10 AM and the room closes at 5 PM. The show will be held at the 

Clarion Hotel

1111 Route 73

Mount Laurel NJ 08054

Very close to exit 4 of the New Jersey Turnpike. An easy and straight drive down from the N.Y. and Northern NJ metro area. Just a few minutes south of their old location which was near exit 7 of the turnpike. Writer Peter David will be on hand selling and signing. Well known in our beloved comic industry with his stints on Star Trek and the Incredible Hulk. Going to see if I can dig out my copies of Future Imperfect to get them signed. Also illustrator Daniel Horne is another guest. His work is phenomenal. For sale at the show will of course be Pulps. And more pulps. Mixed in will be Golden Age and Silver Age comics, vintage paperbacks, big little books, original art, movie memorabilia and more. Notable names known to us dealer wise will be Gene Carpenter of All-American Comics, Michael Carbonaro and Derek Woywood. Notable boardies who have attended prior events and might be spotted at this one will be RedFury and ComicJack. Many of the vendors will also be buying and trading so bring along a few select items with you. 

If you need any supplies you can either post here or PM me. 

It should go without saying but I would like to remind everyone either attending or just browsing this to mask up and maintain your distance wherever you go. Rich Harvey (promoter) and the hotel staff will have hand sanitizer and gloves. There are also a couple bathrooms there so upon arrival you can also wash your hands. There is a room capacity limit which I expect to be hit so attendance will be capped. Once someone leaves then another attendee can enter the room. With the postponed mega sized pulp cons this year of Windy City and Pulpfest attendance is expected to be crazy as collectors are flying in to get their fix of pulp paper and other goodies at the show. If you are looking for a dealer table I am pretty sure those are sold out but for any other information about the show you can go to the website which is pulpadventure.com. 

if you are looking to make a weekend of things I can strongly suggest going to the Wayne NJ comic book expo put on by Pug Productions. There is a separate thread for that one so won’t boggle down this thread with the details. That show has comics all the way from fifty cent readers to a Fantastic Four 1. I checked out the floor plan and counted 23 “cream of the crop” vendors setting up. If you need supplies at the show then you can PM me also here on the boards.