• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics polybagged with trading cards

12 posts in this topic

I'm not aware of any "comprehensive" list. I'm not sure if a single list has been catalogued to track which cards came with which comic.

I mean, are there dedicated cards that came with a specific issue? Did an issue come with a random selection of 1-8? Lots of questions.

wasn't there also 90's comics that the cards weren't loose in the polybag?

Cards that were actually attached to the inner comic, like the tattooz were on ASM #238?

There might be a comprehensive list of those somewhere, I want to to say there were only certain cards for certain comics, but then again I'm not too familiar.....

:tink: and were they both direct or newsstand? many questions :x 

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not aware of any "comprehensive" list. I'm not sure if a single list has been catalogued to track which cards came with which comic.

I mean, are there dedicated cards that came with a specific issue? Did an issue come with a random selection of 1-8? Lots of questions.

There are definitely books that came with a random selection (e.g. X-Force #1), but those cards were usually only found with that book.

I have a number of Topps books I'm looking to sell (like the Dracula movie adaptation, or the Jurassic Park books) that came with a few cards each. The problem is that the Dracula movie adaptation came with some cards, and the Vlad the Impaler mini came with some cards, and I'd like to match them up correctly. (Same with the Jurassic Park mini and the Raptor mini).

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wasn't there also 90's comics that the cards weren't loose in the polybag?

Cards that were actually attached to the inner comic, like the tattooz were on ASM #238?

There might be a comprehensive list of those somewhere, I want to to say there were only certain cards for certain comics, but then again I'm not too familiar.....

:tink: and were they both direct or newsstand? many questions :x 

Yeah, the first handful of issues of Magnus Robot Fighter came with cards bound in and attached to the coupons.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There are definitely books that came with a random selection (e.g. X-Force #1), but those cards were usually only found with that book.

I have a number of Topps books I'm looking to sell (like the Dracula movie adaptation, or the Jurassic Park books) that came with a few cards each. The problem is that the Dracula movie adaptation came with some cards, and the Vlad the Impaler mini came with some cards, and I'd like to match them up correctly. (Same with the Jurassic Park mini and the Raptor mini).

Yeah, the first handful of issues of Magnus Robot Fighter came with cards bound in and attached to the coupons.

If you're looking for something more targeted, I'm sure that the info has to be out there somewhere. It depends on how many things you're looking to match up. There's no list I'm aware of that has, like, every comic that came with every specific card. Y'know?

32 minutes ago, valiantman said:

CGC doesn't mention which cards were included, but they do mention which books had polybags.

There were more than 100 of them before 1994.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:poly:bag:/label/uni/orderby/year/variants/yes/

Just an fyi 🤣

I cut mine out of the comics ha, and cut up a 9 card binder sleeve protector and shoved them in there :golfclap::roflmao:

At least I think these are them, I thought I had some spiderman ones but definitely don't have any of the comic issues anymore 

Along with my type o negative binder lol

IMG_20201104_141354126.jpg

IMG_20201104_141416775.jpg

IMG_20201104_141429075.jpg

I don't know of such a list, but I do know that some (all?) X-Men titles for a few months in 1994 had 95' Fleer Ultra X-Men cards attached inside the books. The Weapon X card was only available in the comic books and was not available in packs.

s-l640.jpg

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just an fyi 🤣

I cut mine out of the comics ha, and cut up a 9 card binder sleeve protector and shoved them in there :golfclap::roflmao:

At least I think these are them, I thought I had some spiderman ones but definitely don't have any of the comic issues anymore 

Along with my type o negative binder lol

IMG_20201104_141416775.jpg

That's cool those 94 fleer ultra look nothing like the 94 fleer ultra set.
IMG_0446.jpg

5 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

That's cool those 94 fleer ultra look nothing like the 94 fleer ultra set.
IMG_0446.jpg

That's weird. Was it a separate Fleer Ultra set or just a promo sheet? The early-mid 90s were peak X-Men. Had to milk it for all you could.

Edited by awakeintheashes