• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crack and Press advice
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hope this is in the correct place.

I recently bought a New Teen Titans #2 and after looking at it in person it seems to be in really good condition, so I'm wondering if I should crack this, get it press, cleaned and submit it again. Unfortunately there are no grader notes on this but hopefully members with more experience in this may be able to give me more advice on it. I do know that this book has not been pressed or cleaned before, so it's possible it could get a grade bump.

The major defect I can see is the top right corner, apologies for the pics, hard to take them in the slab but there is a small crease on the corner, not sure if this goes through the book as it is also visible on the back, this is my main concern which might keep it at a 9.0. The other 2 defects I can see are 2 small spine ticks, one above the top staple.

AWDsAI5.jpg

wnTX6jj.jpg

YICg8mn.jpg

X78YxAy.jpg

BQFpGqW.jpg

AlkBm00.jpg

On 11/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, IbukiLord said:

Thanks, I only paid $50 for it which is why I'm thinking I should take the chance on it. It's all a learning process so might be fun to give it a go.

I’ve seen books hit hard for the dirt on them and your copy looks like a cleaning would be a definite improvement judging from the back cover. How big a bump is anyone’s guess. The corner is hard to tell from the glare but would depend on if there’s color breaking. My 2c