• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probation nomination for migmtl76
1 1

36 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

He's looking for a reason to back out, claiming the corner isn't a 9.8.  If that was truly an issue he could have said something over the course of our 2 months or so of conversations and I could have offered him a different copy.  Apologies for the confusion.

I've added more to the first post :) hope this helps clear things up.

I wished Bomber-Bob was here.  He can point out about the corners easily.

7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

He's looking for a reason to back out, claiming the corner isn't a 9.8.  If that was truly an issue he could have said something over the course of our 2 months or so of conversations and I could have offered him a different copy.  Apologies for the confusion.

I've added more to the first post :) hope this helps clear things up.

I think the buyer should have waited until the graded book is available and can be visible before the agreement is made but he broke the promise.  That put himself in an awkward position.  I would take that copy because it has a notorious black cover.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

The book is a 9.8  Look at Iceman;s scan.  If you blow any book up so the grade on the slab is the size of a comic, it will turn very tiny imperfections into something that looks major.  The buyer led the seller on for nearly 2 months.  He should buy the book now, or be added to the probation list.  

100% it is a 9.8...you are exactly right...you blow up the corners or spine on any book in that high of a grade and you'll be living out the rest of your days in fear...the buyer should have realized this.

I subbed 4 copies to CGC.  2 came back 9.8 this time and 2 failed.  I have personally subbed and received about 15-20 Aliens 1 9.8 (the census is 41).  I bought an original owner collection that contained a whack of them in like 2014.  I'm down to the last few potential 9.8 candidates but now that the book is worth subbing in 9.4ish I'll likely resub some of the fails.  I've helped a number of boardies get alien books in 9.8 (I think I'm responsible for 5 of the 7 #2's).  Anyone who's ever held an aliens 1 9.8 knows the cover isn't like the ones today and the spine is not black from the folding over of the spine (which is of course why you can see some "whiteness" to the corner), all of the aliens books are tough to get in 9.8 due to the nature, colour and paper quality of the books.  The deal was never contingent on scans/pics or a specific copy.  Miguel was notified I had 2 pass 9.8, he agreed to buy one at $1000 usd, upon it arriving a few days later he asked for pictures (which were promptly sent) which I don't blame him to ensure we'd been talking about the right book etc.  He then said he'd pay, he then said he needed more time to pay, he then asked for more pictures, he just strung me along.

I'm not butthurt he didn't buy the book from me, I'm warning the community of his shenanigans so he doesn't string others along (who may need the money sooner or may have a book they won't be able to sell as easily). 

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

BTW, saying Eric sold it for more, and posting a link to a different book doesn't help your case.  

It doesn't matter. Stick to the facts.

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Image (2372).jpg

Image (2371).jpg

I used to read this copy and discarded it somewhere.  I cannot believe it's hot now. This one and now Marvel Team-Up #131.  If I were migmtl76 , I would keep my promise. $1000 is a good deal plus this would save me a lot of time to find a 9.8 copy.  Migmtl76 posted his WTB and the seller was misled until the dead end.  You have to be careful how you mislead us.

Edited by JollyComics

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I used to read this copy and discarded it somewhere.  I cannot believe it's hot now. This one and now Marvel Team-Up #131.  If I were migmtl76 , I would keep my promise. $1000 is a good deal plus this would save me a lot of time to find a 9.8 copy.  Migmtl76 posted his WTB and the seller was misled until the dead end.  You have to be careful how you mislead us.

The seller is a class act and as a frequent buyer from him the only way I've been able to seduce them with my outlandish offers is to post a picture of the cash

Edited by Hollywood1892