• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my AF 15 !

29 posts in this topic

Hi all...

only a front scan, i'm too scared to take it out of the mylar again before i drop it off at CGC :S

inside pages are all perfect except for one just past the centre which has a 1cm tear at the staple ( i would say it happened the minute the page was originally read given its positioning and the way the page has been bound!

Back is 100%, no tears or chips!

Any apparant marks across the comic are on the mylar, not the comic!

Edit : pic too big...see below for kind redo wink.gif

quite a large pic; i downsized it a bit to get a better overview...

gorgeous book though - from the pic it looks like a 6.5, maybe 7.0 -

don't know how much you'd deduct for the inside tear you mentioned though

af151je.jpg

with the apparent crease in URFC....5.5/6.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

not sure how interior tear will affect grade..I think 1 cm would be a

"moderate" tear, which supposedly are not allowed above 4.0.....

Au contraire, a 1 cm interior tear is a very "minor" tear . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but I agree with your grade.

Au contraire, a 1 cm interior tear is a very "minor" tear . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but I agree with your grade.

I personally agree that 1 cm is small enough to be called "minor". I am just going

by the guide on pg. 128 of the OCGG that defines terms; minor for individual defects is 1/8" to 1/4", moderate is 1/4" to 1'. 1 cm is about 3/8", so it falls under

moderate. confused-smiley-013.gif

But I do think those guidelines are a bit too tough....

I personally agree that 1 cm is small enough to be called "minor". I am just going

by the guide on pg. 128 of the OCGG that defines terms; minor for individual defects is 1/8" to 1/4", moderate is 1/4" to 1'. 1 cm is about 3/8", so it falls under

moderate. confused-smiley-013.gif

But I do think those guidelines are a bit too tough....

MC, Yes, I agree, but I suspect they are referring to cover defects only. A 1 cm interior tear could be from the edge through the printer tears - a very common interior page defect.

Looks like a classic Fine.

The tear should bring it down to: 5.5

I agree with your grade, but a half a point for a 1cm interior tear on a book that is already a FN 6.0? 893whatthe.gif

No friggin' way Jothey! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Looks like a classic Fine.

The tear should bring it down to: 5.5

I agree with your grade, but a half a point for a 1cm interior tear on a book that is already a FN 6.0? 893whatthe.gif

No friggin' way Jothey! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

It looks like a weak fine 6.0.

The tear just convinced me to go lower one notch. tongue.gif

i'm thinking at least a FINE 6.0...................(based on what i can see of the pretty blurry pics). i doubt that minor interior tear will bring it down much. is there any chipping on the lower 2/3's??

good luck.......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif