• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superman 147
2 2

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

8.0    An 8.5 with a shadow.

8.5 with a shadow? Sorry, I’m still learning a lot! And thank you sooo much for your reply! I’m happy to hear the stamp does not effect the value too much! I’m happy with this purchase, I will definitely be getting it graded. I picked it up for $190. When it is graded I will post again for sure, the way things are it might take months... the virus is sure pushing everything back, plus the in-house signatures pushing everything. But when I get it back I will definitely let you know! Thank you again! 

4 hours ago, RPHjr7 said:

And are there any natural restorations services through CGC that I should consider to try to get a better grade? 

You can get your books cleaned and pressed from CGC before grading.

Otherwise you can opt for members here who provide pressing services but faster turnaround times. And then submit to CGC.

5 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

You can get your books cleaned and pressed from CGC before grading.

Otherwise you can opt for members here who provide pressing services but faster turnaround times. And then submit to CGC.

I’m grateful for the suggestion. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, dcmannn said:

I'm at 8.0. great purchase. 10cent Supeys are really hard to find in high grade.

Found it at a local comic shop.. I over heard the shop owner saying it was a very nice piece, to someone else in the store. Next day I bought it 😂 took a risk, looks like it will pay off. Was kinda worried at first when I seen the stamp. Thank you for your reply!! When I get it graded I will definitely post it on here again! 

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

structurally and 8.0/8.5

Dust shadow...7.5

Is there natural restoration to take care of shadows or anything else wrong? Don’t really want to spend the restoration money if it’s not worth it. What’s your opinion? Thank you for the reply

4 minutes ago, RPHjr7 said:

Is there natural restoration to take care of shadows or anything else wrong? Don’t really want to spend the restoration money if it’s not worth it. What’s your opinion? Thank you for the reply

Most books will get hammered for dust shadows, however, some pedigree related books or "rare" keys can sometimes receive a "gift" grade under the right circumstances.

You can just about restore anything these days with chemicals and various other modalities but that does not mean it's worth investing the time and expense.

9 minutes ago, RPHjr7 said:

Don’t really want to spend the restoration money if it’s not worth it. What’s your opinion? Thank you for the reply

My opinion...the book is probably between a 7.5-8.0  with or without the dust shadow and not worth restoring. Enjoy it as is.

30 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

My opinion...the book is probably between a 7.5-8.0  with or without the dust shadow and not worth restoring. Enjoy it as is.

Thank you for your replies. Will take everything into consideration. Will do!

19 hours ago, RPHjr7 said:

8.5 with a shadow? Sorry, I’m still learning a lot! And thank you sooo much for your reply! I’m happy to hear the stamp does not effect the value too much! I’m happy with this purchase, I will definitely be getting it graded. I picked it up for $190. When it is graded I will post again for sure, the way things are it might take months... the virus is sure pushing everything back, plus the in-house signatures pushing everything. But when I get it back I will definitely let you know! Thank you again! 

No. 8.0 because of the shadow. No shadow = 8.5.