• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tracking down the missing Wizard of Oz art

6 posts in this topic

The historical significance of this art cannot be understated. This would take an unprecedented cohesive networking to scare these out of the Fox holes. The reward would be immeasurable. 

I sincerely hope that most pieces can see the light of day again and be accounted for.

The first time I saw the illustrations from the original books, I thought whoever drew this must be very messed up.  They are incredibly evocative and some are downright disturbing.  Particularly the facial expressions on the various characters.  Still, very cool stuff and completely inimitable.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:53 PM, tth2 said:

Great project.  I loved the books when I was a kid.  Most people don't even realize that there was a book series, they just know the movie.

Count me among those that did not know about the books. I will have to look into this. 

Great project - I hope they have great success with this venture. 

Thanks for sharing Glen.