• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #4 page #9 first mentione of Gotham.

9 posts in this topic

I will like to know how mill this fetch, it’s 1 page but it’s one of the earliest comics rare to find for an affordable price at any grade. I have the most important page for it which is the first mentioned of Gotham besides all the joker pages. 

At a NG blue CgC label how much will this fetch. 

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

$100, maybe?

I think if it is in really high grade condition with white pages and with bright colors (on both sides), you could get more.  Possibly $200-$300 in the right venue (but make sure you consider fees)

Edited by revat

Yeah I agree with a couple hundred bucks. Gotta find the right person but I am sure there are enough out there that would want to buy this. Personally, at $100 I would. At $200-300 I think that would take someone who loves it more (not me). At over $300, I would think it it a bit much but ya never know. 

A 1.0 copy is a $1500-2000 book, complete. If you want to get technical, you could do some math and break it down to a per page cost, which would be well under $100. Hence why I think $300-500 would be very high even for a page mentioning Gotham.

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah I agree with a couple hundred bucks. Gotta find the right person but I am sure there are enough out there that would want to buy this. Personally, at $100 I would. At $200-300 I think that would take someone who loves it more (not me). At over $300, I would think it it a bit much but ya never know. 

A 1.0 copy is a $1500-2000 book, complete. If you want to get technical, you could do some math and break it down to a per page cost, which would be well under $100. Hence why I think $300-500 would be very high even for a page mentioning Gotham.

I’ve always had a problem pricing anything like this. I also have 1 page from Batman #1 nothing crazy doesn’t even show Batman but it’s from the book. But I can never find a legit answer on how much. I’ve always heard comics are worth what a person is willing to pay but that’s just silly to me. 

any thoughts ? 

17 minutes ago, Nvhustle190 said:
6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I’ve always had a problem pricing anything like this. I also have 1 page from Batman #1 nothing crazy doesn’t even show Batman but it’s from the book. But I can never find a legit answer on how much. I’ve always heard comics are worth what a person is willing to pay but that’s just silly to me. 

any thoughts ? 

how else would you price something?  I guess we could get deep into accounting and/or tax philosophies of historical basis vs FMV, then adjusting possibly for growth or inflation, or interpolation or extrapolation from other somewhat related circumstantial data (feel free to comb through historical data on golden age pages sold on Heritage and make weighted comparisons), and publish a peer-reviewed paper.  No one is stopping you from creating your own mathematical model and justifying your pricing however you like.  Whether that translates into an achievable sales price may be a different question though.  

Pages are tough to find data on because the known sample size for sales data is so small, and there is no grade for the actual quality of the page to compare for pricing accurately.  

2 hours ago, Nvhustle190 said:

any thoughts ? 

I mean that’s really cool to have but for me, not having Batman on it would be a big deal. Personally, a couple hundred bucks but even then it wouldn’t be as cool to me.

A page with Batman or a cover or something like that I could easily see approach $1000 or well beyond. 

The line of its worth what someone will pay is true. You could price it at $5000 and sit on it for 10 years before you find the guy who has to have it and buys it. Or you could price it at $500 and have 5-10 people interested right away willing to make offers or buy. Find the middle ground. Or price high and drop over time. If you can’t sell something comic related within a couple months, you are doing it wrong or pricing it way too high 

Everything can be sold. Example: I love my copy of ASM 97 signed by Stan and Gil. I value it at $500. I probably wouldn’t sell it for less than $700. Way high because I don’t want to.

But if I did, I would start at $700. And wait. And then slowly drop until someone came knocking. Big ticket items (not mine but you get my drift) take time if you wanna sell but maximize return.