• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephanie Hans makes fan very happy by authenticating signature on one of a kind CGC Journey Into Mystery
3 3

88 posts in this topic

~Issue Resolved~  I went to NYCC 2014 and had Stephanie Hans sign this comic book and had it witnessed and authenticated by CGC. Is there anyone else who also got signature series NYCC 2014 Stephanie Hans and has images of the books? Someone zoomed in on just the signature and asked if it was Stephanie's signature and she said "Nope, not even a little. I never write all the letters and would never finish it this way."

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

Edited by eastcoastmatt

@eastcoastmatt

So is the point of this thread that she doesn't remember signing the full name?

Is she claiming that she'd didn't sign?

Are you worried these don't have the same authenticity because of what she's saying? Or because she doesn't sign the same anymore? Or that because of all this people may not believe the yellow label?

If kind of yes to all, its interesting for sure and I don't have any answers, never heard of such; although, as old as signing say sports memorabilia or just memorabilia in general, its had to have happened before lol

I have this specific book posted on eBay to show it off as I'm very proud of my collection and wanted others to be able to see it because of it's rarity. Then a member from eBay direct messaged me that Stephanie Hans posted on Instagram that it is not her signature. This is disturbing to me because I watched her sign it. This post is to defend my credibility and the credibility of CGC. I would like at least an apology from Stephanie Hans. I'm not worried because i know this comic is authentic. Artists should not be able to charge for signatures, sign something and then deny it.

thisisnuts.JPG

7 minutes ago, eastcoastmatt said:

thisisnuts.JPG

and also a bigger pic of the actual tweet to read it and see her if any, reasonings for it "not even being close to her signature"  

for those of us without twitter lol :shy: 

I saw that post on IG without any context except that it was listed on eBay for $28,000.00. I'm sure if Ms. Hans had seen the entire slabbed book indicating the event and the year, her answer may have been completely different. I know if you show me something from 6 years ago without a reference point, I'm going to probably give an inaccurate reply because I have a hard enough time remembering what I did last week let alone 6+ years ago.

1 minute ago, Willbert said:

I saw that post on IG without any context except that it was listed on eBay for $28,000.00. I'm sure if Ms. Hans had seen the entire slabbed book indicating the event and the year, her answer may have been completely different. I know if you show me something from 6 years ago without a reference point, I'm going to probably give an inaccurate reply because I have a hard enough time remembering what I did last week let alone 6+ years ago.

9 minutes ago, faster friends said:

So méssage her on Instagram and remind her you were there and met her in person and watched her sign it

Definitely these right here.

If Stan Lee were still with us imagine how many Signature he , not only would not recognize,  but not remember. 

man wouldn't it be awesome if you had a receipt or a picture... lol but dang, except for the CGC in-house, I wouldn't think that I could produce one from a con :whatthe: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

I went to NYCC 2014 and had Stephanie Hans sign this comic book and had it witnessed and authenticated by CGC. Is there anyone else who also got signature series NYCC 2014 Stephanie Hans and has images of the books? Someone zoomed in on just the signature and asked if it was Stephanie's signature and she said "Nope, not even a little. I never write all the letters and would never finish it this way."

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

i don't know if this helps or harms, but ms. hans signs with initials "sh" inside a square. 

an example would be her commission of emma forest as the hellfire club white queen, a water color commission on 10/12/14 at nycc.

another example would be storm #1 9.8, signed on  9/14, with the same "sh" initials, inside a square. there are a couple of others, some recent and some from 213-2015, but all have the initials "sh" inside a square. that one is also shown on the cbcs (is that ok to type?) "mail call" thread.

at first i thought "....hmmmm, she has a long term memory issue...", but.....it does not seem to be the reason. 

Also consider that autographers, over time, become lazy and the signature devolves into more akin to just "making your mark." Celebrities, pro-athletes, pretty much anyone that is asked to sign thousands upon thousands of items per year, just look at how their signature has changed over time. Except for a beautiful Clayton Crain sig, I'll pass on the likes of Donny Cates and his chicken scratch, Adam hughes and his lazy initials, and any blob looking Stan Lee sig from his final years.