• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephanie Hans makes fan very happy by authenticating signature on one of a kind CGC Journey Into Mystery
3 3

88 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, eastcoastmatt said:

okay. She is not writing an SH in a square for these photos i found. That's how she signs commissions.

manthing.jpg

manthing2.jpg

maybe, maybe not. that does not explain the storm #1 9.8 on cbcs. it is not a commssion. it is a sig verified comic.

i don't see how the photos you have show anything, but i am no expert, and probably have bad eyesight.

in reality, i know very little.

Not really sure how much of your good name is being tarnished.  The book is slabbed and if the slab has not been tampered the label will be intact.  The artist can deny all she likes that she did not sign it but that label says otherwise. (shrug)

Maybe she is upset with your $28k price point on that book. lol

14 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

I went to NYCC 2014 and had Stephanie Hans sign this comic book and had it witnessed and authenticated by CGC. Is there anyone else who also got signature series NYCC 2014 Stephanie Hans and has images of the books? Someone zoomed in on just the signature and asked if it was Stephanie's signature and she said "Nope, not even a little. I never write all the letters and would never finish it this way."

pull together all the evidence you can muster-plane ticket stubs from the trip, hotel receipts, list every detail you can of the signing "You were wearing a pink power puff girl T shirt and drinking from a green hulk water bottle you made a joke about how you should have drawn the cover different.  you sneezed".  Etc.  
dont let her get away with this.

15 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

Someone zoomed in on just the signature and asked if it was Stephanie's signature and she said "Nope, not even a little. I never write all the letters and would never finish it this way."

Maybe the ‘someone’ referred to here is the one full of ‘sh’. Might not have even spoke to her for all anyone knows. You were there and witnessed it yourself, I wouldn’t even worry about it. 

3 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

I have this specific book posted on eBay to show it off....

2 hours ago, Willbert said:

I saw that post on IG without any context except that it was listed on eBay for $28,000.00. 

2 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

I listed this comic book as click bait. My interest wasn't to sell this comic book. $28,000 is the value to me. 

You don't want me to tell you what I think you should do with your book.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

You don't want me to tell you what I think you should do with your book.

Me calculating the endless possibilities of what you could be thinking of telling him to do with his book.

tenor-1.gif.921dca887c92033d7fe1967d237d5666.gif

32 minutes ago, DJones said:

Wow...it's not even Friday yet eitherhm

But this does still have the potential to be a Friday thread. Just wait till Stephanie Hans comes on here demanding that it be removed from the CGC Yellow Label case because,

" Nope, not even a little. I never write all the letters and would never finish it this way."

Now fix this or I will destroy you!

Now that this has already spread from ebay to Twitter , to the CGC boards you can probably expect a few thing.

1. She will now act like John Byrne and refuse to sign anything that will be CGC graded.

2. Raise the prices of her signature. 

3. Start trying to sell all of her items on ebay for $28,000.

4. Keep flagging your listing on ebay as fraudulent. 

Then again she could go the other route and just do a CGC in house signing .

9 hours ago, eastcoastmatt said:

I have this specific book posted on eBay to show it off as I'm very proud of my collection and wanted others to be able to see it because of it's rarity. Then a member from eBay direct messaged me that Stephanie Hans posted on Instagram that it is not her signature. This is disturbing to me because I watched her sign it. This post is to defend my credibility and the credibility of CGC. I would like at least an apology from Stephanie Hans. I'm not worried because i know this comic is authentic. Artists should not be able to charge for signatures, sign something and then deny it.

thisisnuts.JPG

Thank goodness you used CGC.  It this was an item with say a COA and maybe "light authentication" like JSA, the value would tank.  I think you are safe with CGC Signature Series, especially with another book like that out there.