• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker v3 is live!
2 2

40 posts in this topic

In fact that's not the same thing: yes I fixed a bug this week-end on searches not working anymore (my bad, it was a stupid mistake) but ZimmermanTelegram is right, I just checked and it's not possible to add a new fav through the Favorite Searches page. New major versions always get their share of regressions, sorry for that, I will hopefully fix it in a couple of hours max.

:fear:

On 12/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Could you take a look at the slider again? I find that it doesn’t proportionately show how far down I have gone out of, say, 100 items. 

Should be fixed.

8 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Has anyone else run into issues with adding favorite searches since the new version has gone live? I can get to the Favorite Searches screen just fine and type an artist in, when I click the blue plus button to add it nothing happens. The new artist does not appear on the full list below it. Anyone else experiencing this? Could be user error, but it seems pretty straight forward.

Should be fixed.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Since we are on the subject, I am also finding a lot more repeat entries than I used to. For example, something will show up on eBay, but then get listed on CAT 2-3 times in the same search. It used to happen occasionally, but a lot more often now.  

Can you detail? Is it the exact same entry (on a same source), or is it someone who posted the same art on different eBay websites (eg different countries)?

Nico, thanks for your continued work with this invaluable tool.  It's something I make use at least once every week.

I'd never noticed the treading search summary until you mentioned it in the Richard Corben thread.  It's a neat feature that was fun to check out.  

After seeing the results for top searches, I was very curious to know if you track traffic for users.  I'm guessing you have more European users that I might've thought.

34 minutes ago, RBerman said:

When I type a partial name in the search bar, I get options pop up below. But selecting one of those options doesn't cause that text to auto-complete in the search bar.

Are you selecting it with the mouse?

I had that issue as well.

If you use the arrows and select it with the keyboard it autocompletes.

1 hour ago, ShallowDan said:

Nico, thanks for your continued work with this invaluable tool.  It's something I make use at least once every week.

I'd never noticed the treading search summary until you mentioned it in the Richard Corben thread.  It's a neat feature that was fun to check out.  

After seeing the results for top searches, I was very curious to know if you track traffic for users.  I'm guessing you have more European users that I might've thought.

Thanks for your kind words! The "Trends" page is a new feature from November.

I don't track traffic but Google does it for me. It's roughly 40% US, 20% France, 5% UK, 5% Belgium, 5% Canada, 5% Italy (then Spain, Germany, Netherlands...)

16 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Yes, selecting with the arrow keys work, but the mouse does not.

When I click on a suggestion, it directly opens the search page with the related query (for instance kirby -rip for Jack Kirby), and it's the same if I select it with arrows + enter. I'm on a Mac with Chrome. What is your config?

Edited by NicoV

17 minutes ago, NicoV said:

When I click on a suggestion, it directly opens the search page with the related query (for instance kirby -rip for Jack Kirby), and it's the same if I select it with arrows + enter. I'm on a Mac with Chrome. What is your config?

OK, double-clicking on the search option does take me to the queried page. Single clicking does not.

It's Windows 10 Pro running Google Chrome. Any other data that would help?

11 hours ago, RBerman said:

OK, double-clicking on the search option does take me to the queried page. Single clicking does not.

It's Windows 10 Pro running Google Chrome. Any other data that would help?

Never easy to fix something when I cannot reproduce it. Do you see any suggestion from Chrome on top of the ones from CAT? I mean, do you have something displayed that should not be here and could "catch" the simple click? I ask that because I just saw that, with Safari, I have the default drop-down menu with suggestions from Safari on top of mines (see below). So do you have something similar?

1935623248_Capturedecran2020-12-17a10_14_12.png.3f016ce3955ea63bb79fba002ae904d1.png

4 hours ago, NicoV said:

Never easy to fix something when I cannot reproduce it. Do you see any suggestion from Chrome on top of the ones from CAT? I mean, do you have something displayed that should not be here and could "catch" the simple click? I ask that because I just saw that, with Safari, I have the default drop-down menu with suggestions from Safari on top of mines (see below). So do you have something similar?

Here is what happens when I type in the word "byrne." The auto-fill choices are displayed. If I either double click on one of them or use the "down arrow" key and then enter key to select one, I am taken to the appropriate page. If I single-click, the choices go away, and my original entry remains in the text box.

byrne.thumb.jpg.03bf07fa7eab8c0895af8b73012b91c4.jpg

I try not to be That Complainer (especially for "free" products, and thank you @NicoV for that!) but...two issues.

One persistent, and one new. I'm experiencing this on Firefox using a pc with recent version (2014/15 Windows, consumer) OS.

1. Persistent issue - missing eBay images.

image.thumb.png.f248c3f2fd24b5ce31d6cc7f6ffba4ec.png

2. New issue - missing title/hyperlink for Catawiki items.

image.thumb.png.daa39a0c1f119d9510bf646e10cb7f1e.png

45 minutes ago, vodou said:

I try not to be That Complainer (especially for "free" products, and thank you @NicoV for that!) but...two issues.

One persistent, and one new. I'm experiencing this on Firefox using a pc with recent version (2014/15 Windows, consumer) OS.

1. Persistent issue - missing eBay images.

image.thumb.png.f248c3f2fd24b5ce31d6cc7f6ffba4ec.png

I think this was explained by a recent Chrome/Firefox/most browsers change, where images that aren't served securely (httpS) will be like this.

Just now, Twanj said:

I think this was explained by a recent Chrome/Firefox/most browsers change, where images that aren't served securely (httpS) will be like this.

Likely, I must have missed it.

What I do know is it's been that way for at least six months...I just didn't want to whine previously as I knew I'd click through anyway to eBay, so didn't "need" the preview image.

That's still the case but now with two issues and one being "need" (vs. "want") regarding click-through hyperlink, I reported.

2 minutes ago, vodou said:

Likely, I must have missed it.

What I do know is it's been that way for at least six months...I just didn't want to whine previously as I knew I'd click through anyway to eBay, so didn't "need" the preview image.

That's still the case but now with two issues and one being "need" (vs. "want") regarding click-through hyperlink, I reported.

I was gonna report it too! :)

Actually I think it was something mentioned on a CAF live about Kwan's site...I assume it's related.

2 hours ago, vodou said:

It's not about complaining, it's about helping me to improve ComicArtTracker! If nobody tells me about bugs, they may stay here for a long time. So please send me a message when you find something that looks like a bug. Maybe I won't be able to do anything, but I won't take it personally and at least I'll be aware of it.

Regarding your different points:

• eBay images: Twanj is right about Chrome not accepting anymore to display images that are not served securely on secured websites. That's why you won't see images from some websites on CAT (websites hosted by CAF were also in this case a few weeks ago, so you could see the images on these websites, but not on CAF or CAT). But that's not the case with eBay - they do serve secured images. For eBay the issue is different. I have it from time to time, and when I google about it it seems like it's a known bug on eBay side for at least a few years... can't do anything about it unfortunately!
  • Catawiki items with no text: I don't have this one when I open the Catawiki page (https://comicarttracker.com/catawiki/available-art, text search on "diabolik"), your screenshot was from which page? the page with your daily matching new items? the one about Catawiki auctions? a search results page? (if you can still reproduce it). And what happens if you click on the image to see it fullscreen? Do you have the title at the bottom of the page?
Edited by NicoV

23 hours ago, NicoV said:

the page with your daily matching new items?

Don't have yesterday's info today, and no new Catawiki items in today's daily. But I can tell you what I observed. Click into picture brings up larger view and a link that takes you to that Catawiki sale (not sure how what is/is not included is parsed, but it was 151 items).

On 12/15/2020 at 7:30 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Same site, usually, but not always, eBay.

@Rick2you2 Please PM me if you ever get it again (with a screenshot if you can).

On 12/16/2020 at 9:33 PM, RBerman said:

When I type a partial name in the search bar, I get options pop up below. But selecting one of those options doesn't cause that text to auto-complete in the search bar.

@RBerman I just pushed a fix (hopefully). Please tell me if it's ok now!

On 12/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, vodou said:

Don't have yesterday's info today, and no new Catawiki items in today's daily. But I can tell you what I observed. Click into picture brings up larger view and a link that takes you to that Catawiki sale (not sure how what is/is not included is parsed, but it was 151 items).

@vodou Same as Rick2You2: please PM me when you get it again, with a screenshot if you can and the URL of the page.