• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker v3 is live!
2 2

40 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Twanj said:

Amazing as always!

My only suggestion is to make "Check all favorites now" stand out more (maybe as a button?) since that's what I do a lot. :)

Thanks! I see what you mean about this link to be more visible... I'll try a few things!

45 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Some items are listed as “sold or removed”. Are they supposed to still show up?

Your diligence is impressive. 

It depends: sometimes dealers post new art with a "sold" status. In this case yes they are supposed to show up on CAT. But if it's an old page, sold a long time ago, no it should not reappear in new listings.

11 hours ago, Kohei said:

I will say I prefered the 'old' banner that was at the top of the page.

There's a fair amount more clicking around now to get to see what I came to the site to see than there was before.

What is this 'old' banner? Are you talking about the first row of images on the home page? Where there used to be the last sources with new listed art.

8 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

It would be nice to know how many postings I have skimmed through as I go along. When there were pages, it was easy: page 4 out of 8, half done.

When you scroll down you have a progress at the top of the page. I'm considering adding a counter as well.

1959034084_Capturedecran2020-11-13a08_51_12.thumb.png.ef14328d8443d99de98148bdb2bc4866.png

7 hours ago, NicoV said:

Are you talking about the first row of images on the home page? Where there used to be the last sources with new listed art.

Yup, that's it. It was the row that showed updates on the latest dealer/CAF/artist/auction (minus Ebay)  links.

That was a great place to start

Nico - First, let me say kudos on such an excellent product. The newest tweaks are a definite improvement to the overall performance. 

I have to admit, I’m addicted. I’m on it daily and love getting the email summaries of what’s new to market of my favorites artists every day. I do have a question in regards to that. Every once in awhile in the past i’d find I wouldn’t get an email, I usually chalked it up to a glitch (I have so many favorites saved I find it almost impossible that SOMETHING didn’t show up that day, but you never know) and without question the next time day the emails would return. I’ve noticed over the last 3 or so days that I haven’t been receiving the daily emails at all. Could this possibly be a setting I turned off or is this part of the new deployment?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

On 11/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, Kohei said:

Yup, that's it. It was the row that showed updates on the latest dealer/CAF/artist/auction (minus Ebay)  links.

That was a great place to start

Unfortunately this block had several internal issues with the thumbnails. But if it's the kind of information you want to start with, why don't you bookmark the "new art by source" page? https://comicarttracker.com/new-art-by-source   Ok you don't have a thumbnail to illustrate each source, but you have the sources sorted by last update descending + the number of items. Or you could start on the My Notifications page https://comicarttracker.com/my-notifications ?

3 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Nico - First, let me say kudos on such an excellent product. The newest tweaks are a definite improvement to the overall performance. 

I have to admit, I’m addicted. I’m on it daily and love getting the email summaries of what’s new to market of my favorites artists every day. I do have a question in regards to that. Every once in awhile in the past i’d find I wouldn’t get an email, I usually chalked it up to a glitch (I have so many favorites saved I find it almost impossible that SOMETHING didn’t show up that day, but you never know) and without question the next time day the emails would return. I’ve noticed over the last 3 or so days that I haven’t been receiving the daily emails at all. Could this possibly be a setting I turned off or is this part of the new deployment?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for your support! Regarding your emails not showing up anymore, the most probable reason would be that you clicked on the "spam" once (by mistake ^^) and now the third party service I use to send emails do not send yours anymore. https://comicarttracker.com/faq-en/comicarttracker/i-dont-receive-my-daily-alerts-by-email-anymore   Send me a PM with the email address you use on CAT and I'll check.

20 minutes ago, NicoV said:

Unfortunately this block had several internal issues with the thumbnails. But if it's the kind of information you want to start with, why don't you bookmark the "new art by source" page? https://comicarttracker.com/new-art-by-source   Ok you don't have a thumbnail to illustrate each source, but you have the sources sorted by last update descending + the number of items. Or you could start on the My Notifications page https://comicarttracker.com/my-notifications ?

That's what I've ended up doing. Now I have two bookmarks to check instead of one. C'est la vie I suppose.

I am grateful for the site and appreciate what you've gone through to make it what it is.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, NicoV said:

Regarding your emails not showing up anymore, the most probable reason would be that you clicked on the "spam" once (by mistake ^^) and now the third party service I use to send emails do not send yours anymore. https://comicarttracker.com/faq-en/comicarttracker/i-dont-receive-my-daily-alerts-by-email-anymore   Send me a PM with the email address you use on CAT and I'll check.

I use Yahoo mail, and the daily CAT emails always showed in my spam folder.  Even though I added the address to my contacts, and marked it as "not spam".

Then, starting a few weeks ago, yahoo must have started blocking the emails entirely. They didn't even show under my spam folder.  

So I switched my CAT to use a gmail account, and now the emails arrive perfectly.  Just an FYI

8 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Could you take a look at the slider again? I find that it doesn’t proportionately show how far down I have gone out of, say, 100 items. 

You're right, it seems like it's increasing too quickly. I'll check that, thanks for having spotted this!

Edited by NicoV

41 minutes ago, NicoV said:

You're right, it seems like it's increasing too quickly. I'll check that, thanks for having spotted this!

Since we are on the subject, I am also finding a lot more repeat entries than I used to. For example, something will show up on eBay, but then get listed on CAT 2-3 times in the same search. It used to happen occasionally, but a lot more often now. Also, when I zoom into an image, and then leave the image, it doesn’t stay where I left off. It usually goes back at least several images. 

Has anyone else run into issues with adding favorite searches since the new version has gone live? I can get to the Favorite Searches screen just fine and type an artist in, when I click the blue plus button to add it nothing happens. The new artist does not appear on the full list below it. Anyone else experiencing this? Could be user error, but it seems pretty straight forward.

2 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Has anyone else run into issues with adding favorite searches since the new version has gone live? I can get to the Favorite Searches screen just fine and type an artist in, when I click the blue plus button to add it nothing happens. The new artist does not appear on the full list below it. Anyone else experiencing this? Could be user error, but it seems pretty straight forward.

I had some trouble last week on this precise subject (favorite searches grabing no results or not starting). I guess NicoV had to do some maintenance this week-end, because everything is now back on track. I will not complain, even a minute : it's so a wonderful site.