• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Signature placement
2 2

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I love the Lee sig, it is small and tight - and I like Jr's placement. I would have put Romita anywhere other than where he did it, and depending upon the order of when the sigs were obtained, I would have window bagged for Romita and Shooter to both be much lower. But if this book were on my hit list, I wouldn't hesitate to get it. But by the same token, if the Romita sig bothers you, stay away, because it will never not bother you.  Some multi sig books, you have to take what you get because they are unduplicatable.

It does bother me, just needed a few opinions. It probably would have sat in the back of my mind each time I looked at it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm a movie kinda comic guy - so I like the 1st app of a character with the actor that originally played them.

Like Ritter on Alias or Cheadle on Iron Man (War Machine).

I'm not into sigs of artists - so it's horses for courses really.

1622020960_IronMan282SS9.8.jpg.4e583da059424962423ceadb58cc40d8.jpg

The same does apply though - with a multi-cast signed book, you get the same issues as a book signed by artist / writer / inker etc.

I really think a multi-signed book needs to be designated to a professional facilitator who will liase with you for placement of sigs.

Sorry about your books, they do look messy, which is a shame, as it's something you have obviously been after for a while.  :sorry:

2c

Personally I believe all artwork signatures should be on the corners. Or in a subtle place. It's about both the signature and artwork. You don't want one taking more prominence over the other. If you want an upfront signature might as well get one of those signature plates or just get a blank piece of paper signed. But I'm not into those.

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I hate to break it to you fellers, but somebody has been writing all over the fronts of your comic books!

Like Metallica said in disposable heroes

Back to the Front!