• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art in the strangest places
2 2

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Will_K said:

Another flip phone pic in NYC.

Mennellas is a poultry distributor. I always thought it would be funny to call them and ask for "Sal".  I took the pic because a work buddy didn't believe me.

I assume the SC stood for Super Chicken. 

menellas.jpg

Oh this is great!!

What a coincidence.  Friend of mine was watching CNN -- Norm Eisen, Obama's Ethics Czar and Ambassador to the Czech Republic, being interviewed by Chris Cuomo. Annnnd here's what was in the BG. 

I recognize one of them, of course, but the one that's further away? What do you think? Reminds me of a  Shuster Superman page, but I dunno.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

At first, I thought that was Arnold Schwarzenegger in disguise.  

"There's just more to it than picking the right color. It's the texture, the weight of the material. One wrong choice, it can destroy the look of the entire room. There was this one customer that came to me, he wanted solid colored drapes in a little girl's room. I said 'DON'T DO IT.' - You need butterflies, polka dots, balloons. "

8 hours ago, glendgold said:

What a coincidence.  Friend of mine was watching CNN -- Norm Eisen, Obama's Ethics Czar and Ambassador to the Czech Republic, being interviewed by Chris Cuomo. Annnnd here's what was in the BG. 

I recognize one of them, of course, but the one that's further away? What do you think? Reminds me of a  Shuster Superman page, but I dunno.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Clearer shot but still tough - It's not twice up so I doubt Shuster...

Edited by mtlevy1
clarification

11 hours ago, glendgold said:

"There's just more to it than picking the right color. It's the texture, the weight of the material. One wrong choice, it can destroy the look of the entire room. There was this one customer that came to me, he wanted solid colored drapes in a little girl's room. I said 'DON'T DO IT.' - You need butterflies, polka dots, balloons. "

This comment really deserves more likes!