• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

Some priced as high as $93,000. 

Really? No way to ask a question about an item? 

5 ebay options to ask questions: 

Details about item

Shipping

Combined shipping

Make an offer

Returns. 

When you enter on the "contact seller" hyperlink, you are directed to a page with those 5 query option subjects, none of which allow youto actually contact the seller about anything at all. 

Instead, accessing any of those 5 options brings you to a page that informs you to read the listing; that the answer to your question is therein, supposedly. 

Very surprised that a major ebay seller, arguably THE major ebay comic seller would have a policy where questions about multi-thousand dollar items or transactions in general cannot be asked and addressed. 

Never seen that before. No way to contact a seller about any of their items. That's a first for me. 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

What about contacting them through their own web site?

What about contacting them here >> https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/12442-mycomicshop/ 

Shouldn't have to. If you're selling on ebay, questions are a part of selling, no? If a browser has the ability to hit the BIN, he should also be able to ask a question before doing so, right? Business 101. Questions are part of purchases and typically precede them, unless you're purposefully trying to stifle sales. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Almost everything they offer on ebay can be purchased on their website without the ebay fees.  Perhaps the are trying to steer buyers that way.

So they want to generate the traffic to their website by creating a huge presence on ebay (500K items) and enjoy the worldwide coverage that advertising creates without having to pay the vig for that massive exposure.  

11 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

So they want to generate the traffic to their website by creating a huge presence on ebay (500K items) and enjoy the worldwide coverage that advertising creates without having to pay the vig for that massive exposure.  

Yes. I’ve emailed them questions before btw...the person on the other end was very helpful and pleasant.

28 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Shouldn't have to. If you're selling on ebay, questions are a part of selling, no? If a browser has the ability to hit the BIN, he should also be able to ask a question before doing so, right? Business 101. Questions are part of purchases and typically precede them, unless you're purposefully trying to stifle sales. 

As MCS has  reinvented themselves in the last decade, going from a regional chain with mostly overpriced books on the web to being the largest online comic store in the world, I suspect they are a tad past Business 101. They just completely revamped their ebay shop in the last month or so so perhaps they just might know what they are doing.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I remember this hunt you spoke of, disappointed tbh...

wanted to ask seller hey is this the book as listed or a mistake and the DVD?
Nope.  so just had to risk it.

I assume that their inventory is so large that asking questions about specific books would take way too long to generate an answer. Most collectors I assume know to go through their web site anyways because it's cheaper.  That being said I have asked questions on their web site before and have gotten answers.  They also post on this chat board so they might comment on this thread too.

37 minutes ago, shadroch said:

As MCS has  reinvented themselves in the last decade, going from a regional chain with mostly overpriced books on the web to being the largest online comic store in the world, I suspect they are a tad past Business 101. They just completely revamped their ebay shop in the last month or so so perhaps they just might know what they are doing.

Then you're never too big or too experienced to learn. Answering the questions of potential buyers is Business 101. Providing an avenue to inquire. In fact, I can't think of a website that I've bought from or viewed that sells products without offering even just a basic contact link with a pop-up form, if not an email address or/and a phone number. Inquiries lead to sales. That's Business 101 also. No ability to inquire = diminished sales, I'm sure. That's common sense. You see something on a webpage, like an MCS ebay listing page, that you like, that catches your eye, and want to know more or try to strike a deal on 10 $1000 books for $9500, and typically, the seller offers a means to communicate. There. On that page. On that platform. Not on a different website, but right there where seen. 

Also, if no questions are allowed prior to purchase, on the platform being used by the potential customer, might that customer think, "If they make it this difficult for a buyer just to touch bases on them to ask a question about purchasing, I can only imagine the roadblocks I'm gong to experience if there's a problem and I need to speak to them about a return, or an adjustment". Providing a means to communicate with your seller or potential seller is basic ebay Business 101. And if they're not providing that, then there is something for them to learn and adjust. 

Give you a perfect example as to why. I was interested in 3 multi-thousand dollar books. And now, any means of communication thwarted simply to buy, I'm not interested. You're never too big or too rich that you shouldn't care aboutthat if you're a seller, or why bother to sell at all, right? 

If you were really interested in three multi-thousand dollar books, you just learned how to save hundreds of dollars by simply buying them off their website. That would be a win-win for both of you.  If.........

Customer Service isn't about satisfying every possible customer. 

Buddy Saunders has been selling comics since 1960 and put together the worlds largest comic store, but give him a call. I sure you have a lot to teach him.