• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So you were willing to spend $23 grand on comic books in one fell swoop but not invest an extra minute of your time in trying to find an alternate contact method outside of eBay in order to try and have your questions addressed?  Especially with the knowledge the MCS is one of the biggest dealers in the country and has a huge website?  

Yes. Shouldn't have to go elsewhere. The BIN is there, the question should be asked and answered there as well. And what law or rule says that if MCS offers a means to ask questions on ebay they must answer ALL of them. You pick and choose. A question comes in, someone asking for another scan of a 2.00 book, ignore it. But a question comes in from a past buyer of $5000 and up books and they're asking for a $22,500 bundle on $23,200 worth of books, at least you'll know about it and put that question to the top of the heap, marked important to answer. If I owned a business and found out about that, I'd be infuriated. It's not money out the window. It can't fly out because it never flew in! It wasn't given the chance. Look for a way to optimize rather than drive away or dissuade sales. 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

So you were willing to spend $23 grand on comic books in one fell swoop but not invest an extra minute of your time in trying to find an alternate contact method outside of eBay in order to try and have your questions addressed?  Especially with the knowledge the MCS is one of the biggest dealers in the country and has a huge website?  

Not only that kind of thinking, but also,

He wanted to offer an amount for the three books in total without checking mycomicshops website where they're listed for cheaper, avoiding one of those questions in the first place.

I can understand if someone doesn't know or just really trusts and likes doing business through eBay. Given the rules there and etc that they're used too

It's just kind of a head scratcher for everyone else idk

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. Shouldn't have to go elsewhere. The BIN is there, the question should be asked and answered there as well. And what law or rule says that if MCS offers a means to ask questions on ebay they must answer ALL of them. You pick and choose. A question comes in, someone asking for another scan of a 2.00 book, ignore it. But a question comes in from a past buyer of $5000 and up books and they're asking for a $22,500 bundle on $23,200 worth of books, at least you'll know about it and put that question to the top of the heap, marked important to answer. 

Youre still wading thru hundreds of messages a day though.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. Shouldn't have to go elsewhere. The BIN is there, the question should be asked and answered there as well. And what law or rule says that if MCS offers a means to ask questions on ebay they must answer ALL of them. You pick and choose. A question comes in, someone asking for another scan of a 2.00 book, ignore it. But a question comes in from a past buyer of $5000 and up books and they're asking for a $22,500 bundle on $23,200 worth of books, at least you'll know about it and put that question to the top of the heap, marked important to answer. 

You Fool GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, kav said:

James you're a good guy.  You've always posted great stuff.  You can message mycomicshop here, or on their website, or call them.  They would be overjoyed to answer questions for you.  Dont fault them for weeding out questions on ebay-you know how pointless people can be there.   

Point I'm making is that they can still weed by at least letting the messages show up on their end. As you go down your list of messages on ebay, you can see the name on the inquiry without even having to read the message opening it up, a time waster. So you're looking at a list of say 100 messages that came in within the past 2 hours, and you spot the ones from those that are proven spenders with you. Without even offering a message, you don't even know who is trying to ask, right? You hav caller ID right there, first thing shown, who is asking the question. "Oh, it's this guy. He spends. Let me address this now". 

i asked my bride why she prefers to wear 3 for $5 underthings from walmart, instead of the $53 i spent on the underthings i gave her as a present.

her answer: "you don't know what you are doing. next time take a few minutes to talk to me".

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not only that kind of thinking, but also,

He wanted to offer an amount for the three books in total without checking mycomicshops website where they're listed for cheaper, avoiding one of those questions in the first place.

I can understand if someone doesn't know or just really trusts and likes doing business through eBay. Given the rules there and etc that they're used too

It's just kind of a head scratcher for everyone else idk

For whatever cesspool ebay is, one thing is that if a transaction goes wrong, you can hit the brakes and the whole thing grinds to a halt. Ebay and/or paypal will sort it out and provide remedy. 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Point I'm making is that they can still weed by at least letting the messages show up on their end. As you go down your list of messages on ebay, you can see the name on the inquiry without even having to read the message opening it up, a time waster. So you're looking at a list of say 100 messages that came in within the past 2 hours, and you spot the ones from those that are proven spenders with you. Without even offering a message, you don't even know who is trying to ask, right? You hav caller ID right there, first thing shown, who is asking the question. "Oh, it's this guy. He spends. Let me address this now". 

Well it boils down to the old saying-
They can do what they want!!
@ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
8 minutes ago, kav said:

Well it boils down to the old saying-
They can do what they want!!
@ADAMANTIUM

no lol I wouldn't go that far :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

no 

because I know those who work in the rich part of Dallas, and those who shop think that if they're not dropping thousands, that they're getting ripped off (shrug)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

41 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Three questions about three books. One book is over $16,000, the total of all three books I was interested in was slightly over $23,000, one question was about one of the slabs, defect on the book or on the slab/well, one would have been asking for a bundle price on all three, anything he can do appreciated (since no offer options, another business strategical listing error), and the third question was for a high res scan of one corner on the $16K+ book. All what I figured are reasonable requests for more info that a buyer justifiably may ask prior to purchase to address concerns if actively looking to buy. Why would I waste my time otherwise, right? I'm looking for a reason to buy, not a reason to pass. 

I am on your side, that is a major purchase which should require communication. If none is really available then you must take that into effect and DISCOUNT the price you would pay and so be it.

23 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And now, because of that ebay non-communication policy, that brat and his $23K have set sail and will spend that money (and probably more) on the upcoming Trifecta, Heritage's, Link's, and Connect's Fall auctions instead, where questions are welcome, and addressed, like true professionals. 

FYI, the attached screenshot shows the contact info and an invitation to ask questions by email or phone that appears at the top of our auction pages. We run weekly auctions every Monday, and higher profile prime auctions quarterly, next one opening in January  

I’ve PMd James to ask him what items his questions are regarding, and will get him answers on Monday  

164BD4A8-D97A-452B-AA7E-1B9DE19477B2.jpeg

Just now, Mmehdy said:

I am on your side, that is a major purchase which should require communication. If none is really available then you must take that into effect and DISCOUNT the price you would pay and so be it.

agreed!

It's just that he's not wrong, but he has been told that answer to how to accomplish his goal and feels that it is somehow a slight against him?

idk he's got the info to move forward 

so 

he can now 

do what he wants @mattn792 @kav

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

your reason's don't make sense 

Blame it on diversity. To me, it makes sense. And that's the beauty of it. At that point in time, it mattered to me that I couldn't ask a question. I've moved on. Plenty of books in the upcoming Heritage, Link, and Connect Nov. auctions I'm tracking at present. 

My reason for posting about this was the hope that MCS, a great ebay seller, would read the comments and think about them. Maybe address some of them with positive change. That's all. Nothing against MCS. As I've said, they're a great seller and a credit to ebay. IMO, the would be even better if they addressed questions on all of their selling platforms. That's all. 

1 minute ago, mycomicshop said:

FYI, the attached screenshot shows the contact info and an invitation to ask questions by email or phone that appears at the top of our auction pages. We run weekly auctions every Monday, and higher profile prime auctions quarterly, next one opening in January  

I’ve PMd James to ask him what items his questions are regarding, and will get him answers on Monday  

We're done here.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Blame it on diversity. To me, it makes sense. And that's the beauty of it. At that point in time, it mattered to me that I couldn't ask a question. I've moved on. Plenty of books in the upcoming Heritage, Link, and Connect Nov. auctions I'm tracking at present. 

My reason for posting about this was the hope that MCS, a great ebay seller, would read the comments and think about them. Maybe address some of them with positive change. That's all. Nothing against MCS. As I've said, they're a great seller and a credit to ebay. IMO, the would be even better if they addressed questions on all of their selling platforms. That's all. 

Amen

:tink: 

7 minutes ago, kav said:

We're done here.

8 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

You know, I hate to be a stickler for details, but could you show me where that text appears in this ebay listing? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-6-CGC-9-0-1941-1273053001/133549265572?hash=item1f182812a4:g:9f4AAOSwZzNfiiBj

Edited by James J Johnson