• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Except for the seller mind you, on loss, but just a perspective (thumbsu

Ebay is your landlord. You pay him for the space to sell, a necessary business expense. Don't rent the space if you don't want to sell in it, right? 

Your missing my point :makepoint:

Mycomicshop has the most to lose in this deal by not answering questions on ebay 

Possible returns because of not answering questions....

I was just trying to help your point of it not "being productive business" if in fact it is just an fyi

Why the public thread just call and express your concerns, boardies may appreciate the heads up though idk

Glws

Hopefully the security will be there for your purchase

If I was dropping that kind of coin I'd want to feel secure too

So your premise is not wrong, if all the help isn't "help" then I don't know how to continue

Have some peace!!

14 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Are you still hoping to make this deal happen?  Because if so, IMHO every post on this thread is just creating more obstacles to attaining your goal.  I would take it offline for best results.  :foryou:

Good suggestion, but I'm already tracking Timelys in the HA, CL, and CC November auctions. You're a smart hobbyist. Youknow there's always books you want someplace, right? The whole point of the thread is still being lost on some. Right then and there, as Crazy Eddie salesmen (my uncle was one of them), "Nail then at the door"; right then and there, I was at the door, with three books in one hand and money in the other, and the door was locked. No way to ask about a deal. Not a good business practice. So I alerted MCS about it here as no way was possible through ebay to communicate with them. Right then and there, if I were able to ask, "can you take $22.5 for these three", that being the main question of 3, I was there. Impulse. If you're a seller, those are the types of sales you don't want to lose and want to know about so it doesn't happen again.   Again, it's not a much ado about nothing discussion. It's a heads up. Positive criticism. We help each other here. That's what I had hoped my thread would do.

Edited by James J Johnson

Ebay is your landlord. You pay him for the space to sell, a necessary business expense. Don't rent the space if you don't want to sell in it, right? 

Not necessarily ... It's also called maintaining a presence.  

I forget if you are here in the Northeast... I think so...  

How many Chevy Tahoes do you think Chevy was able to see at NYCC?  They went there and rented a LOT of space to show off their new vehicles painted up with Valiant characters on the sides and hood.  They weren't selling vehicles and I would guess the cost of that setup was a total loss compared to the number of vehicles sold at the event.  However, the advertising was tremendous given the foot traffic at the show.   People were checking the cars out and I bet you that a number of them kept it in mind the next time they went looking for a new truck. 

People don't necessarily use eBay to sell directly over.  They prefer to use it as advertising space while slyly directing people to visit them someplace else if they want it at a discount.   If they sell it over on eBay it will come at a higher cost.   Such is life. 

Wasn't aware of that.  I was on ebay

Right.  So their inability to answer your questions on EBay, has given you an opportunity to save even MORE money than you would have had they been able to accept your potential EBay offer.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's what we spent 5 pages trying to tell you but alright 

He can listen to what he wants! :makepoint:

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Plenty of books in the upcoming Heritage, Link, and Connect Nov. auctions I'm tracking at present.

And when you try to bid with/purchase from them, which third-party site will you be using?

:popcorn:

:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I've only bought 1 book from MyComicShop it was a 5.5 ASM 15 and a seemless transaction. I have never tried to interact with them though, but if I know what I want and what I'm prepared to pay then it's all good.

Surprised this thread has gone 8 pages,

Come to think of it I'm not surprised. I've noticed a lot of people on this site seem more interested in drama and sour deals then good deals and easy going transactions.

This is not what's going on, by recent posts you can see:

Hes not asking for advice

He meant it as a fyi, but at the same time commends mycomicshop.

So understanding that hes not looking for help, but only wants to provide a PSA, that no one has understood, agreed with, or feels the same about.

We gave him our reasons, cheaper, better customer service, and same honored protection from a seller that he himself says is to be respected.

We're just trying to fathom his logic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

He canuse whatever logic he wants!! :makepoint:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Easy. The logic is that you have an ebay listing with a "contact seller" link. Hitting that link should lead to a contact page where a question can be asked instead of a dead end, "see the listing for all your answers" to paraphrase. 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Your missing my point :makepoint:

Mycomicshop has the most to lose in this deal by not answering questions on ebay 

Possible returns because of not answering questions....

I was just trying to help your point of it not "being productive business" if in fact it is just an fyi

Why the public thread just call and express your concerns, boardies may appreciate the heads up though idk

Glws

Hopefully the security will be there for your purchase

If I was dropping that kind of coin I'd want to feel secure too

So your premise is not wrong, if all the help isn't "help" then I don't know how to continue

Have some peace!!

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Easy. The logic is that you have an ebay listing with a "contact seller" link. Hitting that link should lead to a contact page where a question can be asked instead of a dead end, "see the listing for all your answers" to paraphrase. 

Already seen you're point and came to a conclusion 

1120.jpg

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Good suggestion, but I'm already tracking Timelys in the HA, CL, and CC November auctions. You're a smart hobbyist. Youknow there's always books you want someplace, right? The whole point of the thread is still being lost on some. Right then and there, as Crazy Eddie salesmen (my uncle was one of them), "Nail then at the door"; right then and there, I was at the door, with three books in one hand and money in the other, and the door was locked. No way to ask about a deal. Not a good business practice. So I alerted MCS about it here as no way was possible through ebay to communicate with them. Right then and there, if I were able to ask, "can you take $22.5 for these three", that being the main question of 3, I was there. Impulse. If you're a seller, those are the types of sales you don't want to lose and want to know about so it doesn't happen again.   Again, it's not a much ado about nothing discussion. It's a heads up. Positive criticism. We help each other here. That's what I had hoped my thread would do.

My only point is this.  I've had interactions (as both buyer and seller) where the tone was genuinely going bad, bordering on animosity or disrespect.  In those situations I had to stay focused on my goal -- I am trying to get that book or I'm trying to sell that book.  If I see a path to the goal -- meaning I can get the price and other terms I'm looking for, etc. -- I try to remind myself not to be baited into escalating potential conflict, and communicate in such a way as to maximize my chances of success.  Also, if at all possible I want to maintain goodwill with the other party, for all sorts of reasons.

And all of that is for situations where I genuinely feel like the other party is acting in a way I find disrespectful, obstinate, or unprofessional.  This isn't remotely one of those situations.  The other party is one of the most respected dealers in the business.

It's in your interest to communicate directly with MCS' customer service team, starting from a place that assumes good intentions and a desire to build a good relationship with a potentially high-value customer.  Try not to be personally offended that they've built some policies that minimize their exposure to time-wasting tire-kicking on small-dollar books.  Instead, present yourself as the high-value customer you are, in a way that earns their respect.  Taking the matter to a public discussion board, and dragging it out for nine pages even after they respond directly and respectfully to your concerns, is definitely not the way to do that.

Hope you'll take this advice in the spirit it's intended.  Trying to help.

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is not what's going on, by recent posts you can see:

Hes not asking for advice

He meant it as a fyi, but at the same time commends mycomicshop.

So understanding that hes not looking for help, but only wants to provide a PSA, that no one has understood, agreed with, or feels the same about.

We gave him our reasons, cheaper, better customer service, and same honored protection from a seller that he himself says is to be respected.

Where in my post was advice offered?

Edited by Hollywood1892