• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Then you're never too big or too experienced to learn. Answering the questions of potential buyers is Business 101. Providing an avenue to inquire. In fact, I can't think of a website that I've bought from or viewed that sells products without offering even just a basic contact link with a pop-up form, if not an email address or/and a phone number. Inquiries lead to sales. That's Business 101 also. No ability to inquire = diminished sales, I'm sure. That's common sense. You see something on a webpage, like an MCS ebay listing page, that you like, that catches your eye, and want to know more or try to strike a deal on 10 $1000 books for $9500, and typically, the seller offers a means to communicate. There. On that page. On that platform. Not on a different website, but right there where seen. 

Also, if no questions are allowed prior to purchase, on the platform being used by the potential customer, might that customer think, "If they make it this difficult for a buyer just to touch bases on them to ask a question about purchasing, I can only imagine the roadblocks I'm gong to experience if there's a problem and I need to speak to them about a return, or an adjustment". Providing a means to communicate with your seller or potential seller is basic ebay Business 101. And if they're not providing that, then there is something for them to learn and adjust. 

Give you a perfect example as to why. I was interested in 3 multi-thousand dollar books. And now, any means of communication thwarted simply to buy, I'm not interested. You're never too big or too rich that you shouldn't care aboutthat if you're a seller, or why bother to sell at all, right? 

once you buy an item from MCS then you can contact them so this will not be an issue.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Shouldn't have to. If you're selling on ebay, questions are a part of selling, no? If a browser has the ability to hit the BIN, he should also be able to ask a question before doing so, right? Business 101. Questions are part of purchases and typically precede them, unless you're purposefully trying to stifle sales. 

Use Other instead all six questions.

914199908_ScreenShot2020-11-14at9_27_57PM.png.a66ea3efddbffa2772dc3d2f389f2c2b.png

I have a copy that has the similar grade as MCS has.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=mysteries+of+unexplored+worlds+15&pubid=&PubRng=

I asked with the consignment manager but she won't answer my questions anymore so let Buddy will answer my question.  I was intending to but I never did.   I still don't understand why this book is overpriced.  Mine is only $15.

57 minutes ago, kav said:

once you buy an item from MCS then you can contact them so this will not be an issue.

Buy it and then maybe we'll extend the courtesy to you of the time of day? Otherwise if you're only interested in buying and need to know more, buzz off? :busy:

That would be a bulletproof business model in the real world of business, wouldn't it? :eek:  

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Buy it and then maybe we'll extend the courtesy to you of the time of day? Otherwise if you're only interested in buying and need to know more, buzz off? :busy:

That would be a bulletproof business model in the real world of business, wouldn't it? :eek:  

No maybe about it-if you buy an item and have an issue, they will respond.  Not the only high volume seller on ebay that doesnt field questions from potential buyers.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

No maybe about it-if you buy an item and have an issue, they will respond.  Not the only high volume seller on ebay that doesnt field questions from potential buyers.

I haven't experienced that before on ebay. With ebay being the veritable cesspool that it is, one might imagine that a seller of any volume, high, medium, or low, would be grateful to receive interest expressed in their wares instead of having a communication policy that runs counter to promoting business. 

Successful websites, say like Chewy.com, have their phone number on every page. Chat dropdown on every page. And while I'm hearing that MCS will allow questions on their website, not offering the same on their ebay website makes no business sense whatsover. There's nothing to gain by it, and the downside can be robust. I'm probably not the only one trying to touch bases wth them on ebay that having tried and failed, simply closed the page and departed with the attitude, "OK. Plenty of sellers who want my money. What the heck am I wsting my time here for". 

Link, Heritage, Pedigree, Connect, Hakes, Lelands, etc., etc., etc.. all auctioneers who provide a readily accessible means for communication. 

I can't imagine owning a business and not having phone, email, or message access. 

Edited by James J Johnson

What seller has their phone number on their ebay site?  

If a company has 500,000 listings, how man dedicated service reps should the have on standby ,waiting for questions to come in? 

Are you really not familiar with mycomicshops website? Or their customer service department? 

Edited by shadroch

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Chewy is publicly traded and has a market cap of $26 billion.  MCS is probably sitting a little lower than that.

Why this witchhunt? If you don’t think their customer service is up to par, move on to another dealer.

It's an observation and an outcome. Both. Not a witchhunt. It struck me as a mistake to not offer accessibility for questions. And it was, as far as it's effect on my buying from them. No big deal. I thought bringing it to their attention might trigger consideration of their non-contact ebay policy. Whether it does or not, I move on. That's me. You know, ebay stresses communication. Their stance is, too much communication isn't enough, like it can't be overdone. I agree with little else about ebay, but they do have that suggestion right. 

12 minutes ago, shadroch said:

If a company has 500,000 listings, how man dedicated service reps should the have on standby ,waiting for questions to come in? 

Are you really not familiar with mycomicshops website? Or their customer service department? 

Nope. Not familiar with their website. One thing I am familiar with however is how easy it is to buy on ebay. You hit the BIN and then pay, logging into paypal and 30 seconds after using the BIN, it's complete. I think making thing easy for buyers is a good thing. If you sell on ebay, go full service. Provide the same type of communication as you do on other platforms you sell on. Make it easy all the way around. Once a buyer is on your listing page and ready to hit BIN, don't send them elsewhere. Even if that elsewhere is another one of your sites, they may get lost getting there, or sidetracked. A buyer is ready to buy and then thinks, "Wait, let me just ask something", and then sees that he can't ask anything, that's not a good thing. That causes the BIN not to get pushed, as it did with me. 

23 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Storms, Reese, Metro, Sparkle, Berkbridge, Probstein, NeatStuff,  Should I keep going? 

But I'm more talking about providing just a simple ebay "contact this seller" capability. The same as 99.9% of all ebayers provide. That I've seen. Just the basic contact would be an improvement.

@James J Johnson 

I looked on the @mycomicshop ebay store and see what you mean when you can't ask a question. 

But if you look in the item description there is a contact us link that allows you to ask a question. You might have to cut and paste to item number but its there albeit hard to find. 

I use their website for getting back issues that I missed and have only had a positive experience using them. But what you are saying is true it should be easy to ask a question via ebay.

Also I have seen some seller offer a phone number in the description, its rare but there are some.

Edited by Raze
added

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/help

5 emails, 4 phone numbers, and a physical address.  

And what about ebay? Can they be contacted on ebay? Can you ask a simple question on ebay? So far, the answer is "no", which is what this thread is about. 500,000 listings and not a one of the contact this seller's functions actually allowed me to contact the seller. They all lead to the same dead end, "the answer you're looking for is probably in the listing. Please review the listing". Not much help, right? 

Just now, Raze said:

I think he is talking strictly ebay? I think he has a point on ebay, but I think most of their sales come from their website.

+1   Yes. Ebay. I'm on an ebay page, I wat to hit the BIN and pay using paypal. I shouldn't have to leave ebay and go elsewhere to buy it, even though the same seller. And that's what makes it silly. It's the same seller. The money goes in the same pocket. What does it matter? ebay or the MCS site. I like hassle free. I don't want to have to see what the buying policy on another site is. I already know ebay. There's the book. Here's my money. Answer a question please like you would on the MCS site, what's the difference as to why you can answer it there but not here. Craziness. 

James J Johnson: Complains he can’t ask questions of a seller on eBay.

The Boards: Tell him ten ways to contact the seller to ask questions directly AND how to buy the same books for less money,

James J Johnson: Continues to complain about not being able to contact the seller on eBay.