• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

You know, I hate to be a stickler for details, but could you show me where that text appears in this ebay listing? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-6-CGC-9-0-1941-1273053001/133549265572?hash=item1f182812a4:g:9f4AAOSwZzNfiiBj

We are not done here.

13 minutes ago, kav said:
21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

no lol I wouldn't go that far :foryou: 

I CAN GO AS FAR AS I WANT!

I know one thing is for sure, my verbiage today is whackity whack so I don't talked back

Seriously thank you guys for reacting to my posts lol

Else I'd think my posts were lost in translation doh!

Anyway, interesting outlook and to each their own 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know one thing is for sure, my verbiage today is whackity whack so I don't talked back

Seriously thank you guys for reacting to my posts lol

Else I'd think my posts were lost in translation doh!

Anyway, interesting outlook and to each they're own 

These are not sentences!! :makepoint:

24 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

You know, I hate to be a stickler for details, but could you show me where that text appears in this ebay listing? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-6-CGC-9-0-1941-1273053001/133549265572?hash=item1f182812a4:g:9f4AAOSwZzNfiiBj

I said that text appears for our auctions--referring to our web site, which is the only place we do auctions. Our eBay listings are BINs.

I posted that because you said "Heritage's, Link's, and Connect's Fall auctions instead, where questions are welcome, and addressed, like true professionals."--those auctions are on their web sites too, not on eBay.  My point was that in the auctions we run, on our website, it's just as easy to find contact info and ask a question as with the three venues you mentioned.

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He's referring to the weekly auctions handled through the My Comic Shop website, not the eBay listings (two separate auctions).  This info appears there, but not on their eBay listings.  I know that doesn't help you with you initial post about asking questions through eBay, but it answers this one.

4 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

I said that text appears for our auctions--referring to our web site,

That has nothing to do with ebay listings, non-communication on ebay being the subject of the thread and my bringing that to your attention here, since I was unable to bring that, or anything else to your attention, on ebay, where the listings appear and should be able to be addressed. . 

Edited by James J Johnson

57 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. Shouldn't have to go elsewhere. The BIN is there, the question should be asked and answered there as well. And what law or rule says that if MCS offers a means to ask questions on ebay they must answer ALL of them. You pick and choose. A question comes in, someone asking for another scan of a 2.00 book, ignore it. But a question comes in from a past buyer of $5000 and up books and they're asking for a $22,500 bundle on $23,200 worth of books, at least you'll know about it and put that question to the top of the heap, marked important to answer. If I owned a business and found out about that, I'd be infuriated. It's not money out the window. It can't fly out because it never flew in! It wasn't given the chance. Look for a way to optimize rather than drive away or dissuade sales. 

So your questions are more important than mine if I’m buying $2 books?

6F339B0E-0709-4E1F-AA1F-71B1DC03D491.jpeg

4 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

I said that text appears for our auctions--referring to our web site, which is the only place we do auctions. Our eBay listings are BINs.

I posted that because you said "Heritage's, Link's, and Connect's Fall auctions instead, where questions are welcome, and addressed, like true professionals."--those auctions are on their web sites too, not on eBay.  My point was that in the auctions we run, on our website, it's just as easy to find contact info and ask a question as with the three venues you mentioned.

We're done here.

3 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

The thread now seems to be more about proving somebody right or wrong

Just what i was gonna post.  Hey i've been there myself-you get invested in an argument and it's hard to let go.  
Everything has been said and we're just going in circles now.
I dont think you should do a trial tho it would be a time waster.  Your business model works.  Youre one of the most respected sellers.  People can figure out how to contact you if they are considering a high dollar book.  The end.

Edited by kav

Now that the ebay problem has been solved, can the weekly email updates go back to updates on the MCS business state of affairs instead of the increasingly... particular subject matter they've become? 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Just what i was gonna post.  Hey i've been there myself-you get invested in an argument and it's hard to let go.  
Everything has been said and we're just going in circles now.
I dont think you should do a trial tho it would be a time waster.  Your business model works.  Youre one of the most respected sellers.  People can figure out how to contact you if they are considering a high dollar book.  The end.

I agree. Their business model works for them. Their decision to nix ebay communication of any kind their decision to make. And I see that everyone here agrees that not providing a means to ask any question at all on ebay is the way to go, and I'm unreasonable to think otherwise. Unreasonable or not. That unusual ebay policy, on that day, had a price tag. A cost of at least $22.5K that I was going to offer for all three books of my interest If I were a seller, I would want to know about that thus this thread was started. Brat or unreasonable as I may be to all here for expecting communication on the venue I'm using. . 

3 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Now that the ebay problem has been solved, can the weekly email updates go back to updates on the MCS business state of affairs instead of the increasingly... particular subject matter they've become? 

The OP thinks they don't communicate enough. You think they communicate too much. How in the wide wide world of sports have they survived some sixty years.

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

The OP thinks they don't communicate enough. You think they communicate too much. How in the wide wide world of sports have they survived some sixty years.

Not "enough" as the key word. "Not at all" is the level of ebay communication. None provided. There doesn't exist a means to even ask a question let alone get to either being answered or ignored. Everybody seems to think that's real good! Yet I have $23,200 all singing in harmony, "That's no good". Who's right and who's wrong? Me, them, all of us, or the money? 

Edited by James J Johnson

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I agree. Their business model works for them. Their decision to nix ebay communication of any kind their decision to make. And I see that everyone here agrees that not providing a means to ask any question at all on ebay is the way to go, and I'm unreasonable to think otherwise. Unreasonable or not. That unusual ebay policy, on that day, had a price tag. A cost of at least $22.5K that I was going to offer for all three books of my interest If I were a seller, I would want to know about that thus this thread was started. Brat or unreasonable as I may be to all here for expecting communication on the venue I'm using. . 

Well technically is has not cost them anything unless you are saying that you were the only possible buyer and now those books will never sell.