• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reprint
1 1

7 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Impossibly broad question. Some reprints are more valuable or desired than their first printings. Most are not. There is little anyone can provide in response without more details.

I just saw an action comics 1 reprint for 30 and Batman 1 reprint four 40 and was wondering if they were worth getting and after getting them if they were worth slabbing...thanks 

14 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

I just saw an action comics 1 reprint for 30 and Batman 1 reprint four 40 and was wondering if they were worth getting and after getting them if they were worth slabbing...thanks 

If you are talking about the replica copies popping up on ebay, they are just computer generated books that are for all practical purposed counterfeits. I would hope no reputable company would slab/grade these. My recommendation is to avoid them at any cost. 

If you are talking about the over-sized treasury editions from the 1970s, they have some value but CGC won't grade them as they won't fit into a slab.

1 hour ago, Yodisd said:

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

If you are talking about the replica copies popping up on ebay, they are just computer generated books that are for all practical purposed counterfeits. I would hope no reputable company would slab/grade these. My recommendation is to avoid them at any cost. 

If you are talking about the over-sized treasury editions from the 1970s, they have some value but CGC won't grade them as they won't fit into a slab.

Definitely agree if they are the replicas or facsimile STAY AWAY ( counterfeit)  , but as stated there are some reprints that are ok and can be slabbed. The Batman 1 and Superman 1 had Masterpiece Editions that are good and low census numbers in higher grade due to the box they came in causing damage.scan0132.thumb.jpg.99f97c1c9027d08dcae549d40743cff6.jpg.26d796341328806ef10629d57dc2509c.jpg

Also with the Action Comics 1 they have had several reprints that are also legitimate and worth slabbing.scan0128.thumb.jpg.aa057de6d818288ef0fd08a3ae48b846.jpg.1a85167ecc4fb48f8f191e60ca9427fe.jpgscan0138.thumb.jpg.669ca6e576f691ac97fbdb752d482197.jpg.67c17ab59f1be881681edbd2f28530d8.jpg

In addition to the ones above ( Safeguard,  USPS) there is the Sleeping Bag, Nestle Quick,  Peanut Butter,  50th anniversary,  $1 & 10cent 1990's as well as the black box 50 cent, Millennium,  Loot Crate, Convention Editions. Equally the Detective comics also had a bunch. Nabisco Oreo, The Toys R Us, Millennium,  Loot Crate , and Convention Editions

Just depends on the book and what WORTH it means to you and your situation. You can look up slabbed sale prices on GPA Analysis, and sold prices for raw and slabbed on eBay, then do som submission math to see what’s worth it to you

good luck