• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
12 12

180 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2023 at 6:34 AM, OtherEric said:

I don't doubt the label, but these make almost as little sense as the Canadian MJ books people have found.  Spidey Super Stories was always ad-free, unless you count the subscription ad.

It was always my understanding that SSS never had MJIs too, but a quick scout about online and it appears that they did. You learn something new every day.

I wonder if there are any NDS lingerie ones....?

"Mum!"

"Yes, Timmy?"

"Can I order some bras please?"

"What, Timmy?"

On 9/9/2023 at 2:45 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

It was always my understanding that SSS never had MJIs too, but a quick scout about online and it appears that they did. You learn something new every day.

I wonder if there are any NDS lingerie ones....?

"Mum!"

"Yes, Timmy?"

"Can I order some bras please?"

"What, Timmy?"

I think the NDS era predates Spidey Super Stories, but amusing nonetheless...

I just picked up a lot at a local store.  A couple different years and I notice that there are different color schemes and a numeral on the order page that is different in most cases.  An example from a MTU 87 Spiderman is the MJ insert has a blue 1st and last page, with purple on the inside and the number 33 at the bottom of the order form from Nov 1979.  An identical color scheme but number 333 listed from a Dec 79 Spiderman 199 book, then I have an issue 201 from Feb 1981 back to the 33.

I also have a number 55 with black color scheme and also just a 5.

Does anyone have a comprehensive Marvel list yet of issues and MJV variants?  Would be very helpful to track.  Thanks all!

Second question.  I've collected 30 cent and 35 cent variants for years.  I was wondering if any of these have the MJV in them.  I've done a google search and found no info.  Thanks all!

On 1/2/2024 at 4:23 PM, JRibble said:

Second question.  I've collected 30 cent and 35 cent variants for years.  I was wondering if any of these have the MJV in them.  I've done a google search and found no info.  Thanks all!

There are none known and there will likely never be.  Since MJIs were almost exclusively sold overseas (with the rare exception of some bases on the east coast) the price variant test market and the MJI distro market didn't overlap.  I hoped I might find some 30¢ variant MJIs in San Antonio but after looking for over a decade (and buying hundreds for 30¢ers) I never found one.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:48 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I think this book has been a troublemaker recently. hmxD

20240122_204250.jpg

20240122_204318.jpg

I certainly hope that is not one of THE "trouble maker " books. 

Congratulations on the book though. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:48 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I think this book has been a troublemaker recently. hmxD

20240122_204250.jpg

20240122_204318.jpg

Funny story. Sent to CGC, got it back...

...without the label noting it was a Mark Jewelers insert. :facepalm:

On 4/10/2024 at 10:29 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Funny story. Sent to CGC, got it back...

...without the label noting it was a Mark Jewelers insert. :facepalm:

They did same thing to the one I posted on the previous page (8).  The one in the pic is the reholder to correct the label.