• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Romita Sr or John Byrne Human torch?

7 posts in this topic

Looks like Byrne to me as well.

I have approached two auctions within the last few months where I was confident the artist of the piece was not listed correctly.  I provided detailed analysis of why I thought they were incorrect.  In both cases, they left the auctions as is, one saying, well I put all the information out.

I personally would not buy that piece as done by John Romita.

I looked at the listing.  They had a listing a few months back of a manuscript that was signed by Ross Andru but the paper it is printed on had a copyright 2001-2005.  I pointed out to them that Ross passed in 1993 and I doubt he signed a page with a 2005 date on it.  To their credit, they did change the auction.

No idea why Romita would have signed this if Byrne drew it.  I bet someone with more time than I have could find that very pose in a John Byrne drawn book that has the Human Torch in it.  Just a guess.