• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission process -- why is credit not applied at checkout?

7 posts in this topic

Hello -- new guy here again.  I am packing my first batch of submissions for grading. When i signed up for the Premium Membership, it said i would get a credit for grading services as part of the membership. During checkout, there is no sign of the credit, and no easily visible way to request it be applied. How do i make sure i get the credit before finalizing payment on this submission?

Thanks, 
Louie

Been a while since I've gotten that credit, but if I remember correctly, you're not actually charged until CGC receives your book.  I believe they send you an invoice at that time, and then if the credit doesn't appear at that time, you have to call the accounting department to have it adjusted/revised.  But I haven't sent my own books in since before the online forms were available so it could have changed in the last 2 years.

20 hours ago, Juke Joint Louie said:

Hello -- new guy here again.  I am packing my first batch of submissions for grading. When i signed up for the Premium Membership, it said i would get a credit for grading services as part of the membership. During checkout, there is no sign of the credit, and no easily visible way to request it be applied. How do i make sure i get the credit before finalizing payment on this submission?

Thanks, 
Louie

You dont get charged until the books are getting ready to ship back to you. So even though you enter payment info for the invoice online nothing happens for a while.

As for the credit, they will apply it before charging the payment method. Doesnt hurt to add a comment to use credit when finalizing online.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:19 AM, Avi said:

You dont get charged until the books are getting ready to ship back to you. So even though you enter payment info for the invoice online nothing happens for a while.

As for the credit, they will apply it before charging the payment method. Doesnt hurt to add a comment to use credit when finalizing online.

It used to be right before return, now it seems they are billing upon receipt of the items into the system for CGC services.

39 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

It used to be right before return, now it seems they are billing upon receipt of the items into the system for CGC services.

Oh, that is new then. My last submission was a couple of months ago. I do have a another submission going in soon, curious to see when I'll get charged now. Will report back.