Desert Wind / Celestial Comics needs to be addressed officially by CGC
1 1

17 posts in this topic

841 posts

You guys need to address this issue. You've known these people were garbage for a long time and have done nothing, and now this is where we are. CGC absolutely bears partial responsibility for this situation by outright ignoring multiple complaints for years.

Edited: their email address seems to be accepting mail now, but still no word from them about how they plan to rectify this situation

 

 

Edited by Nic8612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582 posts

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  While I do understand your concerns about your books, facilitators work independently of CGC so there is not much we can do on our end regarding this issue.  Customers make their own choice as far as which facilitator to use and any issues regarding how the facilitator handles their submissions should be addressed directly with that facilitator.  

On another note, Chandler Rice this year has been fighting brain cancer and just passed away a few weeks ago. Sharon Rice will be getting back to the business but for obvious reasons may need a little bit of time.

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts
26 minutes ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  While I do understand your concerns about your books, facilitators work independently of CGC so there is not much we can do on our end regarding this issue.  Customers make their own choice as far as which facilitator to use and any issues regarding how the facilitator handles their submissions should be addressed directly with that facilitator.  

On another note, Chandler Rice this year has been fighting brain cancer and just passed away a few weeks ago. Sharon Rice will be getting back to the business but for obvious reasons may need a little bit of time.

Thank you!

 

 

That response is pathetic. Facilitators are a direct representation of the company they work with, as they need direct approval from CGC corporate to become a facilitator. They are the face of your organization to the rest of us. I understand you guys aren't financially liable for my situation, but you absolutely hold responsibility for continuing to support facilitators that represent your company like this. 

And don't try to play the sympathy card. It sucks that Chandler passed but that's absolutely no excuse to damage and steal property from customers. At this point, it's about to become a criminal matter when myself and others file police reports for stolen property. If that's the kind of representation you want for CGC, I'll be taking my business exclusively to CBCS

Edited by Nic8612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts
1 hour ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  While I do understand your concerns about your books, facilitators work independently of CGC so there is not much we can do on our end regarding this issue.  Customers make their own choice as far as which facilitator to use and any issues regarding how the facilitator handles their submissions should be addressed directly with that facilitator.  

On another note, Chandler Rice this year has been fighting brain cancer and just passed away a few weeks ago. Sharon Rice will be getting back to the business but for obvious reasons may need a little bit of time.

Thank you!

 

Is there some way to escalate this situation to someone who actually cares about the reputation of CGC? I would imagine there are a lot of facilitators who don't want this kind of behavior to be associated with their businesses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,061 posts

Understandably, CGC may not be able to resolve the issues of a specific case or situation between a facilitator and a customer (or many individual customers), but certainly CGC would be capable of suspending or revoking the "facilitator status" of a facilitator if it determined that they can no longer effectively (for whatever reason) handle the duties of a facilitator, and/or the basic functions of any business.  There must be some type of possible procedure for that.  And at some point IF CGC knew there were credible accusations of fraud against a facilitator and continued to list them as a CGC facilitator without any (investigative, procedural, or disciplinary) action, at some point would CGC be vulnerable to civil action?  Of course one should consult lawyers in appropriate jurisdictions before anything got that far, but for CGC to say "POUND SAND" is ludicrous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,362 posts

Were these books actually signed? Or did DWC just mail them back to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582 posts

I am sorry if you were unhappy with our response.  Your original message was reviewed by our Director of Operations and the response I provided to you was approved by him. If you would like to speak to a manager, you are welcome to do so.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com or call us at 877-662-6642.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts
On 11/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, joeypost said:

Were these books actually signed? Or did DWC just mail them back to you?

I requested that they be mailed back to me after months of no progress with waiting for signatures to happen.  Worst part is that they charged me a $10 return service fee per book on top of $15 for shipping.  I paid them to damage my books :tonofbricks:

Edited by Nic8612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,362 posts
3 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I requested that they be mailed back to me after months of no progress with waiting for signatures to happen.  Worst part is that they charged me a $10 return service fee per book on top of $15 for shipping.  I paid them to damage my books :tonofbricks:

Well...sounds like business practices I would not endorse. Having watched them handle books at many of a convention, I knew I would never have even a $1 book facilitated by them. A very painful lesson unfortunately, with little to almost no recourse at this time. I can only hope that someone, in the future, does you a solid to make up for this mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts
On 11/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, Jennifer F. said:

I am sorry if you were unhappy with our response.  Your original message was reviewed by our Director of Operations and the response I provided to you was approved by him. If you would like to speak to a manager, you are welcome to do so.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com or call us at 877-662-6642.

Thank you.

Why don't you ask him how he would react if a CGC employee mailed a Journey Into Mystery 83 with nothing but this protecting it inside of an envelope

20201119_095540.thumb.jpg.10cab53b3157230b1190d8550fce1c0b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,964 posts
4 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Why don't you ask him how he would react if a CGC employee mailed a Journey Into Mystery 83 with nothing but this protecting it inside of an envelope

20201119_095540.thumb.jpg.10cab53b3157230b1190d8550fce1c0b.jpg

Were your books taped to the middle of the board or were they free to slide around?  I've received packages like this that seem sturdy enough, but open it to find out the bagged/boarded books aren't affixed in place where the edges of the cardboard can take the brunt of the damage and instead the books themselves got corner damaged.

Conversely, I've shipped books sandwiched between 4 sheets of cardboard and firmly taped to the middle to avoid movement and have yet to have any issues with corner damage.  /knockonwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts

Just floating freely inside the cardboard. But you don't ship high value books in an envelope. Case closed. You ALWAYS at least use a Gemini mailer. In this case,I personally would have done THICK cardboard sandwich, put it in a Gemini mailer, bubble wrap it, then put it in a priority box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,964 posts
11 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Just floating freely inside the cardboard. But you don't ship high value books in an envelope. Case closed. You ALWAYS at least use a Gemini mailer. In this case,I personally would have done THICK cardboard sandwich, put it in a Gemini mailer, bubble wrap it, then put it in a priority box

When I ship high value books, it's always in a priority box.  I'd much rather pay the additional $10 on shipping for all the added protection it offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,362 posts
6 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

When I ship high value books, it's always in a priority box.  I'd much rather pay the additional $10 on shipping for all the added protection it offers.

This.  I could never understand why anyone would mail a book in an envelope or even a Gemini mailer. Too much can happen in transit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,307 posts
1 minute ago, joeypost said:

This.  I could never understand why anyone would mail a book in an envelope or even a Gemini mailer. Too much can happen in transit. 

While this is true, it becomes especially true when considering the book in question is Journey into Mystery 83.  Anyone who is even remotely familiar with comics would know that JIM 83 is a valuable book and it should be packaged as such.

If someone wants to roll the dice and skimp on shipping materials on easily-replaceable moderns, that's their prerogative assuming they are willing to make the transaction right if the books become damaged in shipping.  Journey Into Mystery 83 is not a "roll the dice" kind of book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,932 posts
On 11/19/2020 at 6:44 AM, Nic8612 said:

I requested that they be mailed back to me after months of no progress with waiting for signatures to happen.  Worst part is that they charged me a $10 return service fee per book on top of $15 for shipping.  I paid them to damage my books :tonofbricks:

???  Essentially you had to buy your books back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841 posts
30 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

???  Essentially you had to buy your books back?

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1