• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine 145 bone claw error
3 3

25 posts in this topic

None of the indentions break color except for the spine ticks that clearly do. There's also some discoloration near his pinky; possibly from damage but I'm at least the 3rd owner of this book. All the interior pages are look great.

Thoughts on what this would grade at after a pressing and cleaning from CGC/CSS?

9562651_145(2).thumb.jpg.5e2e412712101d00621601d73fc4da4d.jpg

145 (3).jpg

45 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Ah, so you were the winner of that auction.

IIRC, CGC now grades these with green, qualified labels.

Yeah, that's ok. But I'd have to submit it as express, so I may just get it pressed (not by CCS) and tuck it away raw.

2 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

I'll say 7.0 

it could be higher, I'm just not sure how much they'll hit it with the issue on the front

A press will help with other issues

Thanks for the feedback.

29 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I think it has been pressed already, and very poorly at that. 

Whoever you send it to would need to be good as they need to undo someone else’s damage.  

The seller said he picked it up from an estate sale and the listing did not that a good press should remove most of those defects. I've used CFP Comics in the past and was pretty happy with their work. Any others that you recommend?

Edited by hulk2k20

2 hours ago, hulk2k20 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

The seller said he picked it up from an estate sale and the listing did not that a good press should remove most of those defects. I've used CFP Comics in the past and was pretty happy with their work. Any others that you recommend?

CFP is the way to go . Which is Joeypost you just asked.(thumbsu

2 hours ago, hulk2k20 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

@joeypost, do you happen to know a good presser or can you recommend anyone? :bigsmile:

On 11/20/2020 at 3:32 PM, hulk2k20 said:

I guess we'll find out "soon". It's on its way to CFP for pressing and then off to CGC. I'll update the thread once it comes back with the final grade.

Good luck here!

Just curious though.  Why even bother getting it graded?  The desirability in this book is in its rarity and not the grade itself.

Unless you just prefer your books entombed, I'm not sure if there's any added value here on this particular copy.