• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Withdrawn

16 posts in this topic

The seller is 100% right I agreed to make payment in 10 days, my problem was I misunderstood the terms as I assumed I would be paying via Paypal but not friends and family as it is not allowed on the boards as per CGC selling policy. Earlier today I agreed to buy the book and make the payment via paypal. However, I was not willing to cover the fees. Yes its was an error on my part but honestly  I had never had anyone expect me to make a payment like this on the boards for this amount of money. I 100% understand this seller may be the best and most trusted seller in the world but there is just way to much exposure on my end as I have never dealt with him. Below was my last email to confirm I would buy the book at the listed price. I am sorry but I will never send this kind of money friends and family. Was it an oversight when I agreed to the sale you bet ( I was excited), But I would rather stick to my gut feelings then take a 4600 hit.  

That's fine and I will contact the moderators and explain my side as its based on the clearly stated site policy, I am an honest seller and buyer on here for years and your 100% right I read the first email & I just misunderstood the terms. I don't know you and I am sure your legit but I am just to exposed on my end I am not going to send anyone 4600+ with no buyer protection. I buy and sell all the time and if you cover the fees I can pay in a few days if not I can't commit to this sale. I am very sorry for the mix up thank you.

Edited by I am not Glenda

Below are the usage guidelines linked at the top of the selling forums.   See #9

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale — Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.
  2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into one thread in each sub-forum. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads are not allowed.
  3. List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely. Do not post copper or modern books in Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only, and do not post golden, silver or bronze books in Copper / Modern Age Only. Opinions vary about when the bronze age ends and the copper age begins, so the moderation team considers 1980–1984 an overlap period; books from those years are considered appropriate for either the G/S/B sub-forum or the C/M sub-forum. Books from before that period should be posted in G/S/B, and books from after that period should be posted in C/M. Books from any age are allowed in Mixed Age Threads and Misc.
  4. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.
  5. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.
  6. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.
  7. List scans or an estimated grade of the offered books (additional information giving the rationale for the grade is also beneficial and will help your sale - ESPECIALLY if you do not have a scan - but not required in the initial post).
  8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.
  9. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: PayPal "goods and services" is an acceptable payment method to list, but Personal PayPal, AKA "friends and family," is NOT allowed as a listed payment option as it is not appropriate for item purchases. It is also against the rules to ask for Personal PayPal via private message).
  10. You cannot post in a way that violates the terms of service for your payment methods. (NOTE: Specifically, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods)
  11. A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated. It is acceptable to say "No time limit" and/or "No returns" and/or have time limits that vary by reason for return e.g. "30 day return for any reason. No time limit returns for "not as described'". But time limits must be stated.
  12. If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.
  13. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).
  14. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you. ALSO HIDING YOUR POST AFTER BUMPING WILL NOT SAVE YOU. Yep, we can see that stuff.
  15. Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.
  16. Raffles are not allowed.
  17. Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

BUYERS — When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

Edited by GoldenAgeAddict
Emphasis added to the first paragraph

6 minutes ago, Beige said:

if you still want to do the deal, to use a trusted 3rd party.

Send the book to them, and upon receipt, release the payment.

Other than that - just walk away.

There will be no support for a nomination, and Mishmash may be nominated for demanding F+F.

3rd party or walk away.

All @I am not Glenda needs to know

Edited by Gotham Kid

As I read it, F&F wasn't the ONLY form of payment accepted by the OP. Check was also listed. 

I've seen MANY long time board sellers ONLY accept checks for purchases over a certain amount, usually $1k.

While I find the waters a bit murky here,  the Buyer agreed to pay and a check was & is still an accepted option that they declined.

14 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

As I read it, F&F wasn't the ONLY form of payment accepted by the OP. Check was also listed. 

I've seen MANY long time board sellers ONLY accept checks for purchases over a certain amount, usually $1k.

While I find the waters a bit murky here,  the Buyer agreed to pay and a check was & is still an accepted option that they declined.

I had the same thoughts. However, the stated PM request for PayPal friends and family introduces just enough fuzziness into this transaction that it's not likely to result in a PL result. To me, this looks like one of those deals that went sideways due to a misreading or misunderstanding. It stinks but it happens. 

21 minutes ago, wombat said:

I always find it odd when people throw out they that use F&F for people they trust. That's all fine and dandy except for the fact you are stealing money from Paypal. 

I don't think any seller here should be asking for paypal personal.  This is a free place to sell.  The least a seller can do is follow  the rules.   

10 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
36 minutes ago, wombat said:

I always find it odd when people throw out they that use F&F for people they trust. That's all fine and dandy except for the fact you are stealing money from Paypal. 

I don't think any seller here should be asking for paypal personal.  This is a free place to sell.  The least a seller can do is follow  the rules.   

Agreed. But even people not involved in selling like to throw these statements out there. 

4 hours ago, wombat said:

And violating board rules and paypal agreement.  Perhaps it's time to start adding people to the PL for requesting friends and family