• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this be a Green label or Blue?

21 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

If..... Manufactured without the tatz, will CGC give this a Blue label, or Green? Do manufactured defects always come in as Green?

ASM 238 Double Cover

image.thumb.png.9c9017e4f08cf03d66571d2f96e8a5f5.png

My best guess is green, the reason I say that is it is a manufacturing defect. I've seen certain transformer issues without the staples always come back green. This is confusing to me because Bindary defects don't receive green labels and as a matter of fact CGC ignores them during the grading process

Hi, longtime listener, first time caller. Love the show but I have a question. How do we know it's a manufacturing error and the tats weren't removed after the fact? Any way to prove one way or the other? Seems to me that would make a difference. Thanks. I'll hang up and listen for the answer. 

35 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Hi, longtime listener, first time caller. Love the show but I have a question. How do we know it's a manufacturing error and the tats weren't removed after the fact? Any way to prove one way or the other? Seems to me that would make a difference. Thanks. I'll hang up and listen for the answer. 

Maybe the seller means it wasn't included when he purchased the book.

10 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I wonder if the upper part of the book would have a loose staple from the gap of missing tatz insert, or show signs of overlay from that missing section where it pressed into the surrounding pages?

I cannot find anything concrete to determine if all or only some ASM 238's came with Tatooz even though they apparently all say "Tatooz Included" on the cover. .

If they were never there from the beginning why would the book not receive a Blue label?  ???

:popcorn:

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

I cannot find anything concrete to determine if all or only some ASM 238's came with Tatooz even though they apparently all say "Tatooz Included" on the cover. .

If they were never there from the beginning why would the book not receive a Blue label?  ???

:popcorn:

because it's a manufacturing error, those if not all, get green

Manufacturing means it's intended to contain to my knowledge, so maybe it is "incomplete", and I know CGC gives "incomplete" a green label

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Considering who the seller is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was assembled to appear unique.  Look at the X-Men double cover on the last page of this one of many threads about all_things_comics.

Odd that you said this, now the listing was removed? hm

I'm curious if it can be looked at this way

IF it's supposed to contain something and doesn't it's incomplete and green label

but

IF it is is something added or extra, but the initial production pieces are all still there, there is just more, it would be blue and noted on the label

perhaps?

On 11/19/2020 at 12:29 PM, Jeffro. said:

It's not uncommon for the tats to be missing from this book. A green label is the usual result...

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm curious if it can be looked at this way

IF it's supposed to contain something and doesn't it's incomplete and green label

but

IF it is is something added or extra, but the initial production pieces are all still there, there is just more, it would be blue and noted on the label

perhaps?

Perhaps...

2 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Odd that you said this, now the listing was removed? hm

If you're talking about the book(s) in the thread I posted, remember it is from 2012; but there have been numerous threads about the seller and all that I remember, none have been positive.

Edited by telerites