• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you check your stash before bidding on or buying a book?
1 1

48 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Thanks for the info on Lightshot.  Your Jimmy collection reminds me of how I screwed up in the 60s by not getting all the early issues.  Now I have to wait for deals on ebay or at comic shops.  That's another sad story from the Tricolor files...:pullhair:

Yeah we all have those stories, I remember a house auction sale in the 1970s, buying bundles of 10 issues of 60s DC comics when I could have had 5 issues of 1950s or 3 issues of 1940s for the same price, I was always greedy and at the time quantity beat quality any day :cry:

Starting at the Bronze age and working back instead of starting with Golden age and working forward, oh the money we could have saved lol 

We all should be happy to have great collections but we are never satisfied as someone always has something else that we desire :insane:

1 minute ago, Kevin.J said:

I have long admired books you have posted in other threads, so dont feel too bad about about a few missing issues, we all want more, they look great :x

I know...it is what it is.  I'm happy with what I have, but still have a want list like everyone else.  Oh, and don't be fooled by those tiny pics...some of my Jimmy's are absolutely horrible.  lol  For example, I take great pride in knowing my #43 is the worst Circle 8 issue on the planet... :roflmao:

46565000751_7c5d6646fe_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I know...it is what it is.  I'm happy with what I have, but still have a want list like everyone else.  Oh, and don't be fooled by those tiny pics...some of my Jimmy's are absolutely horrible.  lol  For example, I take great pride in knowing my #43 is the worst Circle 8 issue on the planet... :roflmao:

46565000751_7c5d6646fe_c.jpg

My collection is all over the place condition wise, here in the UK before the days of ebay there was not a lot of choice and I had to take what I could find, I have some nice stuff but if I needed it I would accept almost anything complete.

My 43 is a match for yours  :roflmao: 

43.thumb.jpg.f2b1541d6e67f6b189ed2c1cad8dfae2.jpg

1 minute ago, Kevin.J said:

My collection is all over the place condition wise, here in the UK before the days of ebay there was not a lot of choice and I had to take what I could find, I have some nice stuff but if I needed it I would accept almost anything complete.

My 43 is a match for yours  :roflmao: 

43.thumb.jpg.f2b1541d6e67f6b189ed2c1cad8dfae2.jpg

Yeah, right...yours would be a huge upgrade to mine...:cloud9:

10 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Yeah, right...yours would be a huge upgrade to mine...:cloud9:

I have seen you post some lovely Mystery In Space, Strange adventures etc and this might be my only chance to say I have a better condition book than you, so okay, I will take it while I can :acclaim:

2 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

I have seen you post some lovely Mystery In Space, Strange adventures etc and this might be my only chance to say I have a better condition book than you, so okay, I will take it while I can :acclaim:

Just wait until I post my 2 new Unexpected's...bwahahahaha....