• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light scuffing = 8.0? Done with CGC
5 5

354 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chamberlin said:

Sooooo....  I guess I owe CGC an apology.  The book came back and I see the scuffing their talking about and I can see why it got the 8.0.  The scuffing was on the back which is black and I "suuuuppppoose" I thought it was part of the picture.  I'll try and grab a clear shot tomorrow.  I never manage to get quality shots of black covers in slabs with artificial light.

Grades are for the entire book not just the cover, so lesson learned.

13 hours ago, Avi said:

Grades are for the entire book not just the cover, so lesson learned.

Well as I said I didn’t think anything was wrong with the cover when I first looked at it. It’s the Sarah Michelle Geller “Got Milk” back and always thought the scuff was just part of the photograph. 

1 hour ago, Chamberlin said:

Well as I said I didn’t think anything was wrong with the cover when I first looked at it. It’s the Sarah Michelle Geller “Got Milk” back and always thought the scuff was just part of the photograph. 

Now that your hazing is over...

Welcome to the boards :headbang:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

So it’s not an expensive book, just one that was kind of special to me because I collected the run back in the day real time so when it ended I was a little gut punched over it. Anyway, I missed the scuffing which is quite severe because as I said in person it looked like her clothing. So yeah, I’m an eff up. 

AFD74E09-21ED-4C69-9581-450EB3A15E52.jpeg

5A4873F6-47A5-4CDF-97A5-9FD851325FFF.jpeg

0362846D-BBAD-4FCE-A1CD-464DE65900A3.jpeg

A976C1F2-45B0-476D-A3EF-CDD026528BF2.jpeg

Edited by Chamberlin

5 minutes ago, Chamberlin said:

So it’s not an expensive book, just one that was kind of special to me because I collected the run back in the day real time so when it ended I was a little gut punched over it. Anyway, I missed the scuffing which is quite severe because as I said in person it looked like her clothing. So yeah, I’m an eff up. 

5A4873F6-47A5-4CDF-97A5-9FD851325FFF.jpeg

0362846D-BBAD-4FCE-A1CD-464DE65900A3.jpeg

A976C1F2-45B0-476D-A3EF-CDD026528BF2.jpeg

8.0 is a solid grade along with what you showed theres a lot of spine damage in the front cover and some spine ticks in the back along with some other minor stuff so 8.0 is a good grade IMO 

7 hours ago, Chamberlin said:

7 hours ago, Chamberlin said:

Or maybe I was distracted by the milk mustache. 

Yep. Definitely the mustache that distracted you..

Spoiler

sarah-michelle-gellar-gif-reversed-crop.gif.124ba943e47642691fc23233ec7539c0.gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite