• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light scuffing = 8.0? Done with CGC
5 5

354 posts in this topic

All of this guys threads should be titled “I love to stuff my size 10 foot in my mouth. Wanna see? Also i have no idea how to grade comic books and I just sent a bunch to CGC. A couple of them have been taped to the front of display longboxes since Bill Clinton was in the White House. Finally, I hate punctuation.”

10 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

All of this guys threads should be titled “I love to stuff my size 10 foot in my mouth. Wanna see? Also i have no idea how to grade comic books and I just sent a bunch to CGC. A couple of them have been taped to the front of display longboxes since Bill Clinton was in the White House. Finally, I hate punctuation.”

If he sticks around long enough, I smell a custom title. 

11 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You gotta learn how to grade and not blame CGC for your inability to do so.

Screenshot_20201124-213147.thumb.png.6011a77228f34b430fa5e0acdcc8eb4b.png

But, but....if you get it cleaned and pressed before grading, that's like an automatic HG.   Everything should be cleaned, pressed and graded.   

26 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Interesting.

Do you have the grading notes?  hm

Not anymore. They've disappeared from the "submissions" area probably because they are 2 years old???? For the record I never faulted CGC for these grades. Just moved onto the next group of books.

19 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Not anymore. They've disappeared from the "submissions" area probably because they are 2 years old???? For the record I never faulted CGC for these grades. Just moved onto the next group of books.

You can search the submissions page by entering the first 7 or so numbers on the cgc label, those 7 or so should be your submission number, and then you'll be able to see the notes if there are some :wishluck::tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The op's problem may be easily resolved, as stated repeatedly in this thread, by:

1) learning hot to grade and

2) deriving from number 1, when submitting modern age comic books only submit comic books that CGC will grade, at minimum (heck, go for that 9.9 and/or 10), 9.8.

If you don't receive 9.8 grades on all your modern age submissions, you may wish to try and try again.

14 hours ago, kav said:

If one is going to get frustrated with grading, sending books in may not be for you.  Might be better to buy slabbed books at the grade you desire.

Lot easier just to keep submitting books and then raging when you don't get get the grade you expect rather than learning how to grade.

Just catching up here, and the OP should feel fortunate it graded that high. It is an 8.0 at best due to the wear along the spine without the other scuffing. Those scuffs should have dropped it lower IMHO.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You can search the submissions page by entering the first 7 or so numbers on the cgc label, those 7 or so should be your submission number, and then you'll be able to see the notes if there are some :wishluck::tink:

Cool I didn't know you could do that. So here we go. on Daredevil 9.0 - Bend top of back cover. Spine stress lines. On ASM 6.5 - Light creasing to cover. very light spine stress lines break color.

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Cool I didn't know you could do that. So here we go. on Daredevil 9.0 - Bend top of back cover. Spine stress lines. On ASM 6.5 - Light creasing to cover. very light spine stress lines break color.

Bend top of back cover. Spine stress line = 9.0 + Light creasing to cover. very light spine stress lines break color. = 6.5?!?!?  Done with CGC!!!!!!!!