• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light scuffing = 8.0? Done with CGC
5 5

354 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

But, but....if you get it cleaned and pressed before grading, that's like an automatic HG.   Everything should be cleaned, pressed and graded.   

Maybe you should stop and read what you’re talking about before posting on a FB thread. Had nothing to do with thr grade but the face that this was supposed to be an error book due to a printing error.  They offered to look at it again and said the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Chamberlin said:

posting on a FB thread.

?

do you mean posting about a facebook post ?

i hope so, because if cgc is now a facebook thread, i am in deep poopoo.

i am interested in the vaseline, though. i have my needs....

Don’t even see how these two books relate but because of a few posts suddenly I’m the #%@&!

I was wrong about the surfer book. I admitted I was wrong but still, people won’t let it go. 

on a FB I posted about a Spawn error book that CGC said was fade. I don’t agree and it was a popular opinion. But hey, someone saw fit to drag that here so whatever. Guess everyone agrees with CGC all the it. Got it. 

Edited by Chamberlin

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Every time you post you seem to be up on the cross about CGC wronging you in some fashion, and then you subsequently end up being wrong about the whole situation.  Maybe, just maybe, if you put the six shooters back in the holster and tone down the hyperbole from 11, folks around here might warm up to you.

avqILfJ.gif.f69f99e1eb42e242fe249e3d3cd1a490.gif

17 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

It wasn't a printing error the first time, it wasn't a printing error the second time...maybe its not a printing error after all?

I disputed it was a printing error and someone from CGC had me send it back for additional evaluation.  They still claim it's fade but depending on you talk to, some said that was impossible while others agreed with CGC.  Doesn't matter now.  

10 minutes ago, wilbil said:

i have seen him before. he can take billy. and shane.

He couldnt take Vinnie Morris.

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Cool I didn't know you could do that. So here we go. on Daredevil 9.0 - Bend top of back cover. Spine stress lines. On ASM 6.5 - Light creasing to cover. very light spine stress lines break color.

Not the greatest notes, but they do help to explain the grades. A 9.0 often has some light dents or bends which bring it down to that level and it may benefit from a press. The 6.5 is probably not worth the trouble, especially if the creasing and spine stress break color... 

Thanks for the follow-up and Happy Thanksgiving!  

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

If the OP is so dissatisfied with CGC's service, why does he continue to use them?

how else could he become a target here, if he wasn't?

everybody has a plan. everybody. nobody said it has to be a good one.

i know. god knows i know. i could be a darn improper dissent methods coach in a university.