• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend Auction #13 Hard ending Sunday 8 PM Eastern
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On the 8 book super lot, I came up with OSPG of approximately 420. (doesn't sound like FWIW is much)  I always take the higher grade (if he says it's 4.5 - 5.0, I'll figure a 5.0 value). I have a current OSPG but I have no idea at all how to do the GPA (Grade Price Analysis?  Giving Pesos Away?  Go Penn eAgles? ).  be cool to hear what that is.

9 minutes ago, ECDC said:

On the 8 book super lot, I came up with OSPG of approximately 420. (doesn't sound like FWIW is much)  I always take the higher grade (if he says it's 4.5 - 5.0, I'll figure a 5.0 value). I have a current OSPG but I have no idea at all how to do the GPA (Grade Price Analysis?  Giving Pesos Away?  Go Penn eAgles? ).  be cool to hear what that is.

thanks Jon.  I guess I don't need to get an new OSPG(?)

4 minutes ago, whomerjay said:

thanks Jon.  I guess I don't need to get an new OSPG(?)

Hmmm, no comment on that.

Quite fascinating though.... today is the 57th anniversary of President Kennedy driving through Dealy Plaza (Nov 22 about noon) and the Superman 170 has a JFK story that, according to Overstreet, was delayed due to the assassination. 

Thanks Jon, wasn’t aware of that and today being Nov 22 totally slipped my mind. I do however remember where I was when I heard the news.

Last summary of Current Leaders:

1. Bruce Gentry #7 (1949) CGC 5.0- BakerFanOne $125

2. Chamber of Chills #24 (1951) 3.5- ChasingKingKirby $75

3. GA and early SA Action/Superman 8 book Lot- smithdatura $125

4. Tales of Suspense #96 CGC 9.6- Comical Situations $250

Last reminder of rules:

This auction will end 8 PM Eastern time Sunday night and all bids must be in by 7:59:59 PM to be valid. If the time stamp on your bid says 8:00 or later you were too late. Bids must be $10 or more greater than last bid or they are not valid.

ok that's a wrap:

Winners (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Bruce Gentry #7 (1949) CGC 5.0- ECDC $143

2. Chamber of Chills #24 (1951) 3.5- ECDC $103

3. GA and early SA Action/Superman 8 book Lot- ECDC $143

4. Tales of Suspense #96 CGC 9.6- Toro $260

Thanks all for participating.  Will contact winners tomorrow.  Will also be taking off this coming weekend due to Thanksgiving, but will be back the week after. 

22 minutes ago, whomerjay said:

Thanks Jon, wasn’t aware of that and today being Nov 22 totally slipped my mind. I do however remember where I was when I heard the news.

Once more you put in a fantastic auction !!

And for those who are interested, tomorrow marks the 57 anniversary of the pilot episode of Dr Who.  

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Once more you put in a fantastic auction !!

And for those who are interested, tomorrow marks the 57 anniversary of the pilot episode of Dr Who.  

Thank you sir.

That historical fact I was not aware of. Did you watch that first episode of Dr Who?

38 minutes ago, ECDC said:

Thank you sir.

That historical fact I was not aware of. Did you watch that first episode of Dr Who?

Yes, but not the original airing.  A little before my time.  

Loved that show growing up.