• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m Crying - New Mutants 98
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Long story short I was doing a major cleaning of my parents garage and I found a stack of books I wrote off as lost 10-15 years ago. The prize of this find was New Mutants 98. And the best part was it looked insanely good. But then I saw it, and I missed it because I hadn’t ever seen this type of flaw before. I’m heartbroken because I legit thought I had a 9.8 candidate. See the pic below and tell how badly I get dinged for this

A1657C7F-6008-45FD-8F8E-249C3AE55402.jpeg

Edited by Dimez

11 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Yep yep. A decent chance the streak is a printing flaw, but we would need to see the whole book.

Driving back to my home, four hour drive, book is strongly secured in the trunk. I’ll add some pics later on. I was just curious, say if the rest of the book is without flaw what kind of hit would the book take for something like this. Thanks

22 hours ago, Dimez said:

Driving back to my home, four hour drive, book is strongly secured in the trunk. I’ll add some pics later on. I was just curious, say if the rest of the book is without flaw what kind of hit would the book take for something like this. Thanks

I don't think it would take a serious hit. Maybe none at all. If it's truly flawless, it would probably get a 9.6. The printing error might cost a 9.8.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:35 PM, Dimez said:

Long story short I was doing a major cleaning of my parents garage and I found a stack of books I wrote off as lost 10-15 years ago. The prize of this find was New Mutants 98. And the best part was it looked insanely good. But then I saw it, and I missed it because I hadn’t ever seen this type of flaw before. I’m heartbroken because I legit thought I had a 9.8 candidate. See the pic below and tell how badly I get dinged for this

A1657C7F-6008-45FD-8F8E-249C3AE55402.jpeg

I've seen this before on the same book. I wouldn't think this would even affect the grade.

8 minutes ago, SNiPER said:

Had the same production flaw

Mine was a CGC 9.6, but I don't think it was because of the production flaw. 

Great info!

Hopefully the OP is no longer crying. :)