• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Liberty Comics #10!
2 2

15 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I'd think 4.0 with the damage, unless I'm being too harsh.

Not too harsh. Remember, JoeyPost hates stains for a good reason. Depending upon severity and distraction due to placement, even a minor stain can have a drastic effect on the technical grade, regardless of how few other flaws are present. 4.0's about right.

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i think it is only a 3.5 with the stain... great cover though! never seen the hero or villain before ...

This book is an odd duck for sure... the cover is a generic superhero cover that has nothing to do with the contents, and inside are reprinted MLJ stories (Hangman, Suzie, etc). Seems like a C-list publisher trying to make a quick buck?

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

This book is an odd duck for sure... the cover is a generic superhero cover that has nothing to do with the contents, and inside are reprinted MLJ stories (Hangman, Suzie, etc). Seems like a C-list publisher trying to make a quick buck?

Bernard Baily is the cover artist, a DC Golden age mainstay. He did the cover for More Fun 52 and many other classics.