• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walk Thru - Business Days or Calendar?

7 posts in this topic

Newb question, I've done a bit of searching and have seen conflicting info. 

For those who have used the same day walk through service - if they mark received on a Saturday (today), does the turnaround time mean today? Or would the "same" day be on Monday? Thanks if anyone out there has experience in this matter!

Business. And a one day turnaround doesn’t always equate to a one day turn around. 

I have had walk-thru books take 2-4 days, especially if CGC thinks there is restoration/conservation, etc. In a case like that I don’t mind, as I would rather them be thorough. 

Welcome to the boards!  That was a great Newb question!

Normally they work from Monday to Friday at their buildings (one in Florida and other in UK) but they can do onsite grading on the weekend at the show (they do three or four times a year).

Unfortunately, it's COVID-19 pandemic interrupted the shows.   It's not hurting to call the customer service or email them.

They may work on the weekends unless they are falling behind. Those people who are working in the receiving department may still work from 10-12 hours a day in five days to catch up with the mountain of the unopened packages.

The last show was C2E2 in February 2020. All packages are still shipping to the building.  They always ask us to write "Express" or "Walk Thru" on the packages that will bypass all unmarked packages.

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Welcome to the boards!  That was a great Newb question!

Normally they work from Monday to Friday at their buildings (one in Florida and other in UK) but they can do onsite grading on the weekend at the show (they do three or four times a year).

Unfortunately, it's COVID-19 pandemic interrupted the shows.   It's not hurting to call the customer service or email them.

They may work on the weekends unless they are falling behind. Those people who are working in the receiving department may still work from 10-12 hours a day in five days to catch up with the mountain of the unopened packages.

The last show was C2E2 in February 2020. All packages are still shipping to the building.  They always ask us to write "Express" or "Walk Thru" on the packages that will bypass all unmarked packages.

Thanks for the detailed response! Yep, I put WT on the package per instructions, and they've marked it received, so I'm part of the way there. We have holidays in US this week which will also slow things down but hopefully I'll get a result by Friday.

4 minutes ago, laremy said:

Thanks for the detailed response! Yep, I put WT on the package per instructions, and they've marked it received, so I'm part of the way there. We have holidays in US this week which will also slow things down but hopefully I'll get a result by Friday.

Good luck!

Hope you will get a best result!  BTW, CGC may be closed on this Friday but you may get it on Monday.

Edited by JollyComics