• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is a Blue label better than a Purple?

307 posts in this topic

keep it comming baby! i think your really clever and i really like to debate with you. i mean it as a compliment.im not pulling your chain.

man,they are tearing jason ewart apart in the general comics thread! i mean seroiusly. did you see that stuff

Yep, I've been following it since the beginning. It is looking pretty bad for him! 893censored-thumb.gif

so are you going to apologise to all those people you blasted for blasting Jason earlier in the thread?

huh, are you?

i'm kidding, i'm kidding

I already apologized to Tim, but for some of the personal comments I made, not for taking the other side of the argument. I owe no one an apology for demanding proof, and as I said from the beginning, when I saw actual proof of wrongdoing, I'd do what I could to bring him down.

i said i was kidding!

sorry.gif

keep it comming baby! i think your really clever and i really like to debate with you. i mean it as a compliment.im not pulling your chain.

man,they are tearing jason ewart apart in the general comics thread! i mean seroiusly. did you see that stuff

Yep, I've been following it since the beginning. It is looking pretty bad for him! 893censored-thumb.gif

so are you going to apologise to all those people you blasted for blasting Jason earlier in the thread?

huh, are you?

i'm kidding, i'm kidding

I already apologized to Tim, but for some of the personal comments I made, not for taking the other side of the argument. I owe no one an apology for demanding proof, and as I said from the beginning, when I saw actual proof of wrongdoing, I'd do what I could to bring him down.

i said i was kidding!

sorry.gif

Yeah, but you said it twice and you're such a clever [embarrassing lack of self control] that I believed there might be a chance that you were using a hidden double negative. tongue.gif

huh, are you?

i'm kidding, i'm kidding

i said i was kidding!

sorry.gif

Yeah, but you said it twice and you're such a clever [embarrassing lack of self control] that I believed there might be a chance that you were using a hidden double negative. tongue.gif

you credit me far too much, sir. besides, i'm not here to be clever.

confused-smiley-013.gif

hey joe.

if ALL COMICS will now be blue label universal,isnt it true that on cgc census all 27 action 1s on the cencus will be listed as univeral??? how would they handle restored unrestored on the cenus???

Country/Variant

-

Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint + 9.6 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint 9.4 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint - 9.2 0 0 0 0 0

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 0 0 0 1 1

Very Fine + 8.5 1 0 0 1 2

Very Fine 8.0 0 0 0 0 0

Very Fine - 7.5 1 0 0 3 4

Fine/Very Fine 7.0 0 0 0 1 1

Fine + 6.5 1 0 0 1 2

Fine 6.0 0 0 0 0 0

Fine - 5.5 1 0 0 0 1

Very Good/Fine 5.0 0 1 0 0 1

Very Good + 4.5 1 0 0 0 1

Very Good 4.0 4 0 0 0 4

Very Good - 3.5 1 0 0 0 1

Good/Very Good 3.0 3 0 0 0 3

Good + 2.5 2 0 0 0 2

Good 2.0 1 0 0 0 1

Good - 1.8 0 0 0 0 0

Fair/Good 1.5 0 0 0 0 0

Fair 1.0 1 0 0 0 1

Poor 0.5 1 0 0 1 2

Total 18 1 0 8 27

Search again

© Comics Guaranty, LLC. Legal Notice and Usage Restrictions

But dont slightly restored books get the blue label anyway? mile high more fun 52,

the 7.5 action 1, and many more i can think off.They were not stigmatized.they both sold for over 150k!!! thats no stigma to me.

A1K;

You have just proven my point here with this statement. The stigmitization is not caused by the restoration itself, the stigmitization is caused by the colour of the label.

As I have stated many times in the past, a pure unrestored HG GA book will usually sell for many multiples to guide. A HG GA book with very slight resto residing in a blue label will often still sell for a nice premium over guide. A HG GA book with slight resto residing in a purple slab will almost in all cases sell only at a deep deep discount to guide.

Although the actual amount of resto between the second and third books in the above example may be very marginal, the difference in price is enormous. And therein lies the stigmitization caused by the colour of the label.

nicely put, Lou............i, for one, believe that you are correct and that Action1kid's example pretty clearly supports that viewpoint, whether he intended to or not.

i've thought all along that restored books have gotten the royal shaft due to the purple label. i would even go so far as to suggest that those who are so opposed to the color change take a step back and repeat these words a few times;

PLOD = PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH - i think the very acronym says more about how people REALLY feel than i could adequately summarize................ devil.gif

i'm looking forward to what CGC has come up with as it sounds fairly extensive.

PLOD = PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH - i think the very acronym says more about how people REALLY feel than i could adequately summarize................ devil.gif

PLOD = PURPLE LABEL OF DOOM. Doom as in "this book won't be flipped for much." Expresses the same sentiment.