• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #359 CGC 9.8 in Heritage January 2021 Signature Auction
1 1

46 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

And the Tec 359 hammers at a nutty $132K. Wow!!

Is Anthony Chiofalo out of jail and who does he work for now?

That is insane. Seeing a couple of my other hobbies going full tilt as well.

2 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Is Anthony Chiofalo out of jail and who does he work for now?

That is insane. Seeing a couple of my other hobbies going full tilt as well.

Honestly man, collectibles across the board are upper level right now, just pure insanity with sales!

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, www.alexgross.com said:
On 1/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, Mmehdy said:

Two people valued that book over 120K...wow...I am amazed

not neccessarily. heritage is allowed by texas law to shill bid its own stuff. final hammer only required one person to bid that amount. 

Not necessarily as sometimes it might take none if the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. hm

You never know, they might have made a mistake and unknowingly told 2 different employees to shill the book and they both ended up bidding like mad since they didn't want to disappoint their respective bosses.  I am sure this must have been what happen here as this apparently 1 out of 138 equivalent graded copy managed to fetch a measly $14,400 in today's Heritage Auction:  :whatthe:  :screwy:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/superhero/ultimate-fallout-4-variant-edition-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7239-96205.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F2%2F9%2F0%2F23290925%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Edited by lou_fine