• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #359 CGC 9.8 in Heritage January 2021 Signature Auction
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Since the Batman #181 CGC 9.8 from their November auction has its own thread, this stunning copy deserves one as well. The Alfred Pennyworth collection is such an amazing set of Batbooks.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/a-written-description-will-be-available-soon/p/7239-12008.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Preview-ThisAuction-120115#

lf?set=path%5B2%2F2%2F9%2F9%2F8%2F22998837%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

4 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I'll take a 9.6 WP any day of the week.

Wonder if there were 3 Boston copies of this first Batgirl comic since that pedigree had multiples? Will be astounded if this 9.8 hits $90k like #181 (Batman, not Hulk #181).

On 11/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, aardvark88 said:

Will be astounded if this 9.8 hits $90k like #181 (Batman, not Hulk #181).

Interesting--I expect it to outperform the 181. It looks better, and I think Barbara Gordon/Batgirl > Poison Ivy, both in terms of importance but also in terms of fans (and thus potential bidders).

4 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Interesting--I expect it to outperform the 181. It looks better, and I think Barbara Gordon/Batgirl > Poison Ivy, both in terms of importance but also in terms of fans (and thus potential bidders).

Also probably better in terms of looks as it's hard to beat that figure:  :blush:

Remembering Batgirl Actress Yvonne Craig in 8 Stunning Photos

On 11/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, bpc3qh said:

I agree with this plus it’s a way cooler cover imo.  However tied for the highest with one other but is a pedigree.  Is the the 181 the single highest graded ?