• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bye Bye DC Comics?
2 2

204 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Side note... I had a lil' bunny that would scavenge my garden for vegetables... I would watch him scamper about my backyard from my office window while I worked throughout the day... probably wondering if there is anything left to pillage... 

I giant' f'n hawk just swooped down and ripped his front leg and face off.   Body, detached ear... and his tail... are across my back lawn.  :( 

Not cool hawk... not cool. 

!O.o  That's horrifying.  

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

It's pretty sad.  So their parents leave them to fend for their own?

the mother can only intermittently check on them maybe once or twice a day

house/farm cats of all types are one of the top predators and kill gadzillions of cute little bunnies every year

23 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

!O.o  That's horrifying.  

That's nature and, if I'm relating that to the OP topic, hard copies of many titles may also be hawk fodder

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

the mother can only intermittently check on them maybe once or twice a day

house/farm cats of all types are one of the top predators and kill gadzillions of cute little bunnies every year

Thats why rabbits have so many kids.

That way some survive

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Perhaps it will make the error of antagonising a murder of aggressive crows someday.

43 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

house/farm cats of all types are one of the top predators and kill gadzillions of little bunnies every year

Yup.  Cute, hilarious, fascinating, but environmentally-destructive, pitiless killing machines.

But, they're cute, hilarious and fascinating.

Edited by Ken Aldred

15 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Public domain

The constant extending of copyright has ruined characters and stifled imagination and creativity

Characters created in 1938 have no business being copyright protected. 

4ACB1FB5-2E80-4FC5-B1A9-49E60193FC57.png

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Side note... I had a lil' bunny that would scavenge my garden for vegetables... I would watch him scamper about my backyard from my office window while I worked throughout the day... probably wondering if there is anything left to pillage... 

I giant' f'n hawk just swooped down and ripped his front leg and face off.   Body, detached ear... and his tail... are across my back lawn.  :( 

That reminds me, Marvel owns Predator now, don't they?!  :wink:

My understanding (from DC employees) is that historically TW was ok with DC losing a little bit of money or breaking even if it generated enough IP and other material to make money elsewhere. But I guess if other parts of TW are bleeding and DC has mangled a lot of its super hero media, maybe they can't do that anymore. The Rona got many people out of the habit of going to comic shops for 3 or 4 months especially in populatin centers in CA and NY. I have not been to one since March.