• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bye Bye DC Comics?
2 2

204 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Crops068 said:

There are enough other publishers out there that this isn't an issue.  Darkhorse, Aftershock, Boom, Upshot, etc.

Unclear whether the DOJ would bother with this tiny niche market, but it isn't so much other companies as market share. supposedly marvel is at 33% and dc is at 31%, so would 64%+ create a monopoly situation?

AT&T won't sell DC Comics. They may close down publishing and license the characters to a smaller publisher, but they want the merchandise revenue from Batman and Wonder Woman.

8 hours ago, kenaran said:

I hadn't heard of the site until stumbling on this thread.  My first impression was that a lot of it sounded like things I used to hear on Coast to Coast AM, w-a-y- back when I could actually stay up that late.

(for the uninitiated Coast to Coast AM was a late night radio talk show mostly dealing with conspiracy theories, aliens, etc., entertaining, but not much of and actual news source)

The difference is that Coast to Coast AM was intelligent and entertaining, even when dealing with outlandish subject matter (which, yes, was often). That is not the case with the worthless insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at Bleeding Fool.