• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bye Bye DC Comics?
2 2

204 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

The reason I suggested Amazon Prime is that I'm already watching DC material there; Swamp Thing, Stargirl, Preacher, and The Boys, the last of which was originally published by them for a short while.

The small acorns are already in place.

And, if they published the characters in GN format, they already have distribution in place to deliver them. It would hurt LCSs, though, which would not be good for the hobby.

9 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

The reason I suggested Amazon Prime is that I'm already watching DC material there; Swamp Thing, Stargirl, Preacher, and The Boys, the last of which was originally published by them for a short while.

The small acorns are already in place.

Makes perfect sense. 

Whoever picks it up will have to wade through a mountain of licensing and exclusivity rights internationally.. but eventually will get everything under one banner (for example, “Swamp Thing” is streaming exclusively on Foxtel / Binge in Australia and isn’t available on Amazon Prime)

Wouldn't trust the source any farther than I can throw 'em (and the writing made my eyes bleed), but on a gut level the "facts" do sound right, and indeed, many have seen this coming for some time now. The pandemic may have been the final straw. I don't buy new DC's (or much of any news books, really) so I don't have a horse in that race, but I'd be heartbroken to see the collected editions division go. Certainly someone will pick up these licenses, and I could see IDW or someone like that picking up the collections license. But more importantly, as we discussed in another thread recently, I don't know how comic shops survive the shutdown of the #2 publisher of new floppies. The weekly buyer is still the life blood that drives most of these shops. I'd imagine the fallout will be huge unless something is immediately put into place, but how quickly could that happen?  It's definitely a strange/scary/interesting time to be a fan of the material.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, Buzzetta said:

Side note... I had a lil' bunny that would scavenge my garden for vegetables... I would watch him scamper about my backyard from my office window while I worked throughout the day... probably wondering if there is anything left to pillage... 

I giant' f'n hawk just swooped down and ripped his front leg and face off.   Body, detached ear... and his tail... are across my back lawn.  :( 

Not cool hawk... not cool. 

Circle of Life...it IS Wabbit Season after all :foryou:

On 11/22/2020 at 7:55 AM, Buzzetta said:

Side note... I had a lil' bunny that would scavenge my garden for vegetables... I would watch him scamper about my backyard from my office window while I worked throughout the day... probably wondering if there is anything left to pillage... 

I giant' f'n hawk just swooped down and ripped his front leg and face off.   Body, detached ear... and his tail... are across my back lawn.  :( 

Not cool hawk... not cool. 

buzzetta is always seeing this stuff-I call it the subway effect.
And yes I agree comics need to be gutted from the ground up.  A return to comics for kids that can also be enjoyed by adults aka the silver age.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

buzzetta is always seeing this stuff-I call it the subway effect.
And yes I agree comics need to be gutted from the ground up.  A return to comics for kids that can also be enjoyed by adults aka the silver age.

Miles Morales is actually pretty good as is Kamala Khan

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Miles Morales is actually pretty good as is Kamala Khan

Is it written such that a 10 year old would get excited by it?

1 minute ago, Comics4All said:

Is it written as such that 10 Greggys' would get excited by it? 

mail.gif
Nothin excites 10 year old Greggy.  He was born jaded.  
As soon as he was born he stated "what else ya got?"

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am pretty sure his first word was, " dork"

No trust me it was 'what'