• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome Quality Control
3 3

24 posts in this topic

QC can be an issue for any of them.  When I first started collecting I tried C B C S (once and only once) and submitted two books.  They both came back in each other's label?  And the titles weren't even close.  Needless to say that was the last time I used them.  I've submitted hundreds of books to CGC and have never had a single issue.

I've only had one submission issue, and it was offered to be fixed for free.

I'm Human, I expect CGC to be too, it's all relative.

But if you're really that concerned, thanks for bringing it to attention. It's happened before and we're a little used to it, as alternatives can be worst imo

I understand your frustration but CGC has proven to be the gold standard for many years. Like any business, not everyone will be satisfied and things can be missed.

I'm assuming you feel that the FF 220 should have been a 9.8?

...I thought this was a grading issue...

Edited by Funnybooks

CGC grades on average about 10k books a month (based on reports of them grading over 100k books a year back in 2018, and Im sure it's gone up form then. 

SigmaSix targets for manufacturing is a max of 2.5% major defects. Manufacturing targets usually include some mechanical and automated processes (making error occurrences lower) .

2.5% defects would be 250 defects each month. That'd be 8+ defects a day. Errors obviously get reported far more often than non-issues. I see about an average of an error a day being reported around Facebook/message boards, so thats in the 30ish errors per month, still WELL below the 2.5% threshold. 

Point is, a defect is not proof of massive failure of QA, and CGC operates well within the target rates for defects. 

8 hours ago, Chamberlin said:

So this sort of thing happens but someone posts about grading concerns and they are crucified on here? They’re QC is a freaking joke! 

Not my book, by the way but it looks legit enough.  Freaking pathetic  

D0F91A59-EC6D-4190-A383-4D6B9F3B8EE6.jpeg

giphy (11).gif