• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you display your comics?
1 1

36 posts in this topic

I am thinking some black shelves would look nice that way I could display some related action figures as well, but I found some really nice comic book holders on amazon for a decent price. How do you display your cgc comics?

https://www.amazon.com/Comic-Mount-Shelf-Invisible-Adjustable/dp/B00GP1HJQG/ref=asc_df_B00GP1HJQG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242042871757&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14834965805822777970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031645&hvtargid=pla-568911122053&psc=1

8 minutes ago, Ruskoinabiscuit said:

Wow that’s quite the collection- how long have you been collecting for?

Since early 70's. But had to stop numerous times due to the glamourous lifestyle, and frequent calls from the Mayor on the red phone.

2 hours ago, Ruskoinabiscuit said:

That’s awesome, by any chance do you have any that you bought in the 70’s new and kept through the years?? 

Yes,, issues of Incredible Hulk, March 1977 Issue 209 where he fights Absorbing man. (That made a huge impact on me) Daffy Duck and Underdog. Meanwhile my Dad would get me some Classics Illustrated and Various Dell comics that I didn't appreciate until years later.

21 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Oh and here's how I display a bunch of my comics:
image.png.e63c49b1ac4d20ce654528828982a9f3.png

I remember getting X-men 3, 6, and 8 (back around 1980)  Stared at them for hours.  Was memorized with Kirby's artwork, but didn't know who he was just yet.  I see you've chosen to place the Tales of Suspense from top to bottom as well as the X-men, and Daredevil.  Interesting choice instead of the side-by-side approach.  Did you choose that because you had 3 each?

10 minutes ago, mica said:

I remember getting X-men 3, 6, and 8 (back around 1980)  Stared at them for hours.  Was memorized with Kirby's artwork, but didn't know who he was just yet.  I see you've chosen to place the Tales of Suspense from top to bottom as well as the X-men, and Daredevil.  Interesting choice instead of the side-by-side approach.  Did you choose that because you had 3 each?

Actually that's just a photo from my Photobucket from 6 or 7 years ago.  I rotate out what's up all the time.  Now I have three walls in my stairwell done.  One is Schomburg covers.  One is Steranko covers.  The third is early Marvels.  

EDIT:  I'd take a newer picture, but I'm in Ohio to pick up my son from college.

Edited by thunsicker
Also...

23 minutes ago, mica said:

Yes,, issues of Incredible Hulk, March 1977 Issue 209 where he fights Absorbing man. (That made a huge impact on me) Daffy Duck and Underdog. Meanwhile my Dad would get me some Classics Illustrated and Various Dell comics that I didn't appreciate until years later.

That’s pretty cool! Especially since it has sentimental value to you as well. I think it’s much cooler to have a title from that era that you actually bought during the time then to buy one from someone else. 

15 hours ago, NoMan said:

I'm gonna reach in that window and grab X-Men #4 then disappear into the night, my collection finally complete.

You forgot the evil laugh...

Muhahahahahah!!!

Added for atmosphere :foryou:

Edited by Waylander